Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review: Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation

At the beginning of the year Maybelline released a new foundation and I was immediately intrigued. A matte finish foundation that had a hydrating formula, how did that work. As someone who was fed up of her foundation disappearing and having that constant overly glowy finish, I thought I'd give it a go. 

There are six shades in the range and each one comes with in a squeezy tube. It's quite a thick formula and a little bit goes a long way. When I was testing this on the back of my hand I was surprised by how hydrating it felt on the skin. I've always associated matte finish foundations to be dry and powdery but this one left my skin feeling soft and hydrated yet covered. 

I chose the shade 01 Natural which is the lightest shade in the range and it's a perfect match for me. When it comes to foundations from Maybelline I tend to always make sure they match the skin on my neck instead of my face. And Natural is the perfect shade for me. 

When it comes to application I tend to use a brush to apply it as I find it applies it easier than a beauty blender or my fingers. I find that blending it with my fingers is hard work as it doesn't move easily and just sits on my fingertips instead of blending across my skin. I use an angled buffing brush to blend this is and I find that it gives a flawless finish that I don't get from other foundations. 

Even though this a matte finish I do find I still need to touch up my powder throughout the day. I'm not sure if this a flaw from the formula or if its my skin but I do find that to be the only downfall with this foundation. 

Overall I really like this foundation and I'm sure if it keeps working how it is now then I'll be repurchasing a new tube soon. If you're like me and didn't think a matte foundation would work for you then I'd suggest trying this foundation out. Sure the colour range could do with some work but if I know Maybelline they'll soon be releasing other shades like they have done with the rest of the Dream Range. 

Have any of you tried this foundation? What did you think? Do you have any other foundation recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment