Sunday 21 February 2016

Review: Barry M Nailcare Polishes

When Barry M announced they were bringing out a range of Nail Treatments it made complete sense. They are one of the best brands on the high street for nail polishes and if they were the same quality as their nail colours then Barry M were on to something. They released four polishes in the range. Two twice a week treatments and two nail camouflager's, all that help the condition the nails.

The first two treatments they released are the SuperMani and IronMani. Both of these are twice weekly treatments that help condition and harden the nail. They can also be used as base coats and I've never been so surprised by a product. Both of these are clear when applied to the nail and dry down like any other polish does. Once their dry you can put any nail colour on top that you'd like and it acts like a base coat to stop them staining the nail. However it's the result once you've done the rest of your manicure that surprises me. Instead of flaking and chipping like some colours do on me, partly because I'm heavy handed and partly because I work in a very hands on job, my nails are ruined within a couple of days. However when I used these my nail polish lasted a couple of days extra even though I didn't change how I treated my hands. And when they did chip it didn't ruin my nail underneath and once the polish was removed my nails still looked healthy. These could probably used as a top coat as well but for now I'm sticking to using these as a base coat.

And the other two treatment polishes they released were the Mani Masks. These are two slightly tinted polishes that condition and strengthen the nail whilst camoflauging any discolouration and giving nails a semi matte colour. They come in two shades and each one leaves a sheer colour on the nails whilst conditioning them. Out out of the four I do prefer the two strengtheners but these are good polishes if you want a bit of colour on your nails but you don't want to do a full manicure. They leave nails feeling smooth but it does chip like a normal polish and can't be used under a polish as the colour will just peel away from the nails. Definitiely not my favourite of the four.

Overall these polishes are good. The Mani Masks sound good but in use are not something I would reach for reguarly. On the other hand SuperMani and Iron Mani I use alternately when I paint my nails. I find these help to prolong my manicure and help with the condition of my nails. If I was to recommend two to buy it would be these two.

Have you tried any of these new polishes? What did you think? Which ones did you prefer? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment