Monday 8 February 2016

Sunday Skincare Pampering Routine/Top Products


Every Sunday I give my skin the day off. Gone are the layers of foundation and lipstick and in it's place is my bare faced skin that needs a bit of a pamper. So today which I know isn't Sunday, I'm going to take you through the products I use to give my skin that end of week boost it needs.

 First I start off by washing my face. I always make sure I cleanse the night before but to make sure I haven't missed anything I start my Sunday by washing my face. I swap between the Olay Anti Wrinkle Exfoliating Face Wash and the Simple Age Resisting Face Wash. These are the only two washes I actually see a difference with. The Olay wash has tiny little beads in the formula that buff away any dead skin when you massage it into your skin and it works brilliantly. After every wash my face feels smoother, softer and ready for whatever I plan for my skin next. The Simple wash is infused with Green Tea and is slightly gentler on the skin. It's perfect if you're not keen on using exfoliating products but still want your skin to feel clean.

After I've washed my face it's time to go in with a face mask. Usually on a Sunday I go in with a deep cleansing mask that will help clear any crap out of my skin and leaving it ready for the week ahead. My favourite go to mask is the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask. It's a charcoal based mask that heats on the skin when you apply it. The combination of the heat and the charcoal helps to draw out any impurities in the skin and leaving feeling softer and smoother. The results I get from this mask are amazing and my skin seriously thanks me everytime I use this. However if I can't get my hands on the Sanctuary mask I go for my second most used mask. It's the Superdrug Purifying Witch Hazel Mask. Containing a mix of Salicylic Acid and Witch Hazel, this is another mask that works to draw out any impurites you may have lurking in your skin to help give you a clearer, glowy complexion. And if all else fails I use the Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask. As you've guessed it's another deep cleansing, crap clearing mask but this one isn't as harsh on the skin as the others can be. Perfect for people who want to give their skin that deep cleanse but have sensitive skin.

Then if I'm not looking for that deep cleanse and want to really exfoliate my skin, I skip all three of those masks and go for the Superdrug Exfoliating Superberry Mask. This contains a mixture of berries seeds which works to revitalise and exfoliate the skin as you work it into your skin. Not one for those that have extremely sensitive skin. Once washed off this leaves skin feeling smooth, soft and texture free.

And then it's time for acid. No, not that kind of acid. Glycolic Acid, I meant Glycolic Acid. This Retexturising Peel Off Mask from Clearly Youthful is perfect for everyone. If you're just starting out with Glycolic Acid or you're an old hand at it, then this mask is right up your street. A clear liquid that is barely visible on the skin dries down to a tacky peeling mask on the skin. Once it's all peeled off (it takes a while) your skin is left feeling texture free, pore refined and as soft as a baby's bum. Not one for everyday use but once a week as a extra treat for the skin is fine. I love this as my skin does so much better after I've used this. Plus this is a brilliant high street product if you've been looking for a Glycolic product but didn't want to pay the earth.

Once all of that is done and washed off I go in with my morning skincare routine which you can find here.

So that's my top products for my Sunday Skincare Pampering Routine. Do you have a Routine you do on a Sunday? Have you got any product recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment