Wednesday 10 February 2016

Updated Evening Skincare Routine

Last week I showed you my updated morning skincare routine so today I'd thought I'd show you my updated evening skincare routine. As with my morning routine, I've been playing around with products to find the best combination that works for me.

First thing I do to get my evening routine started is remove my make up. For a long time I would use a micellar water to remove my make up but then I discovered the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk. I haven't taken my make up off any other way since. A pleasently smelling milk formula that melts make up away and can even be used on the eyes. I'm already halfway through my second bottle and can guarantee I'll be buying another one when this one runs out. It leaves skin feeling clean and revitalised but it may not be suitable for those with extremely sensitive skin.

And if I feel like I need to cleanse again then I go in with my Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm. This leaves my skin feeling heavenly and I'm going to be so sad when I finish this tub. This is a thick formula that turns into a milky oil when water is added. It removes all traces of make up easily, smells divine and leaves skin feeling brilliant afterwards. Not exactly budget friendly but when it works as well as it does I don't mind.

After my face is thoroughly cleasned, I move onto the rest of my routine. Once a week I use one of these Nip and Fab Extreme Glycolic Fix Night Pads to give my skin a deep exfoliation. These pads contain 5% Glycolic Acid, Salicyclic Acid and Lactic Acid and are used to help loosen and remove any dead skin cells on the face. These are not suitable for any one with extremely sensitive skin as they do leave skin feeling tingly after use. However I love this for a quick acid fix in the middle of the week to give my skin some sort of exfoliation. I'm definitely going to pick up another tub of these when they run out.

Then it's on to serum. I go in with the first of two serums once I've done my exfoliation. The first one I use is the Clearly Youthful Retexturising Night Serum. This is a very thin formula that works to give skin that much needed boost at the end of the day. I go through this stuff so quickly as the pippet applicator makes it hard to judge how much you're using. I've gone through so many bottles of this already and I'll probably go through a dozen more this year alone.

And the second serum I use is the Simply Pure Hydrating Serum. This contains a mix of Salicylic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid to boost skins moisture levels and fight any blemish creating bacteria your skin has. I pop two pumps of this all over my face and pat it in. If my skin is feeling particuarly dehydrated then you can feel this disappearing into the skin before you've even finished applying it. I like how moisturised and soft my skin feels after I use this and I can always add a pump of this to my morning serum to give it that extra boost.

The final product in my routine is the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream. I absolutely love this cream and don't know what I'd without it. A thick bouncy formula, this acts like a mask on the skin and works whilst you sleep. In the morning skin looks revitalised, refreshed and feels ultra soft and moisturised. I've already gone through a pot of this and whilst it's pricey for the high street, it definitely is worth it's money. I already have a back of this as I don't want to go without it.

So that's it for my Nightime Routine. What's your Routine? Do you use any of the same products as me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment