Thursday 31 December 2015

GRWM: New Years Eve

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great Christmas and are ready for a brilliant New Year. I'll unfortunately be working but I thought I would do a New Years Eve make up for you all to give you some inspiration if you're stuck for a make up look.

First off I'm going to start with my Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I'm in the shade Buff if you were wondering and once I've placed a few dots on my face, I take my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and blend it in. It's a medium to full coverage and gives a flawless base but if you're looking for a lighter base I'd recommend taking a stippling brush and thinning it out on the skin.

Once I've finished with my foundation I move onto my concealer and start off with my Maybelline The Eraser Eye. I love the sponge tipped applicator for applying this under my eyes. I take my beauty blender and bop that in making sure there isn't any I've missed. Then I go in with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to highlight under my eyes and cover any excess redness on my cheeks. And again I bop that in with my Beauty Blender making sure everything is blended in.

Then it's on to powder and I go in with my MUA Hydro Powder to set under my eyes and down the centre of my face. I love this powder as it doesn't look cakey on the skin and helps keep my concealer in place all day long.

After that it's time to move onto my eyes. I normally don't do a lot with my eyes but as it's New Year's Eve I thought I would go the extra mile. It's simple but adds a little bit of glamour to the look. So I dip my finger into my Maxfactor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow in and dab it all over my lid. I then take my little finger and make sure it's blended out and there is no harsh edges. Once that is done I take my Rimmel Waterproof Kajal in black and press it as close to my lashes as possible. With a angled liner brush I smudge it out a little so that the line isn't as harsh.

Then it's onto mascara. Once I've curled my lashes I go in with my Loreal Volume Million Lashes Feline mascara to give them that wow factor. I like the curved brush on this mascara as you can build the volume without it looking clumpy. And to finish my eyes off, I take my Rimmel Waterproof Kajal in Nude to line my waterline to make my eyes look more awake.

And all that's left now is my lips. I start off with my Body Shop Lip Scrub to make sure they're all smooth before I go in with my lipstick of choice. Today I'm using my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the shade Beso. I got this for Christmas from Jasmin and I'm in love with it all ready. It's so easy to use and dries so quickly on the lips. It's a matte formula that isn't drying on the lips and the shade of red is perfect for a multitude of skintones. Definitely one for those who don't want to worry about retouching their lipstick throughout the night.

After that it's a quick spritz of my MUA Fixing Mist and a spray of my Rosie For Autograph Nuit Fragrance and I'm all ready to go. I hope you all have a good New Year's and I'll see you all in 2016 with brand new posts every Monday and Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment