Thursday 17 December 2015

Review: Superdrug Face Masks

Before I start today's post I must apologise. Today's post was meant to be a baking post and it was supposed to be all Christmassy and yummy looking but with it being the festive season my work hours have doubled and I didn't have time to bake my yummy looking Christmas Pudding cupcakes for you all. But instead of not giving you a post today, I'm giving you a review of some of my favourite face masks so you don't go without a post.

There are five masks in the collection but at the moment I only have four to show as one has mysteriously disappeared over the weekend. Each tube is a mask dedicated to help purify, hydrate, refresh and exfoliate the skin. In a way you can use all four of these masks at once if you knew which parts of you face needed each mask but I personally use one mask at a time and just rotate the order I use them in.

The first two I picked up which are funnily enough my favourites are the Hydrating Vitamin E Moisture Mask and the Purifying Witch Hazel Mud Mask. The Moisture Mask is unlike the others in the range as you don't need to wash it off. You just apply a layer to your skin and wait for it to sink in. I love using this when my skin is in dire need of hydration and none of my normal products are working. I just put in on after I've used another of these masks and leave it to sink into my skin before popping my normal daytime skincare on top. The Purifying Mud Mask is a brilliant mask to use when you want to give your skin a really deep cleanse. It's a brilliant inexpensive dupe for the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask as it draws all the crap out of your skin and leaves it looking better and feeling softer than normal.

Whilst the Moisture Mask still contains alcohol which some find very drying on the skin, it also contains Cranberry, Blueberry, Goji, and Acai Extract which are all very good antioxidants to help protect and hydrate the skin as well as helping your complexion look younger and firmer. There is also alcohol in the Purifying Mud Mask but it's overwhelmed by the high levels of Salcylic Acid, Witch Hazel and Dead Sea Mud which work together to targer blemishes, cleanse the skin and absorb any excess oil your skin may produce.

The other two aren't horrible but I don't like the results as much as I liked the results of the others. The Refreshing Cucumber Peel Off Mask is a brilliant wake me up if your skin is in need of a quick pick me up. Pop a thin layer over your face, leave to dry for ten minutes and then peel off. Once it's removed you will be left with super soft, ultra refreshed and awake skin. The Exfoliating Superberry Mud Mask is a great mask to use on it's own or in combination with the Purifying Mud Mask. A thick gritty texture, this mask exfoliates skin as you apply it and then cleanses and protects skin from any nasties. It can leave skin looking a little red after use so it's one I advise using when you don't plan on leaving the house for a while.

Both these masks contain alcohol so as before if it effects your skin steer clear from these. However the Cucumber Peel Off Mask contains high levels of cucumber and witch hazel to help meet the skins needs as it's worn. The Superberry Mask contains Acai, Apricot, Goji, Cranberry and Raspberry Extracts which as I mentioned before are powerful anti oxidants and help protect skin from free radicals.

Overall I like all the masks in the range but if I was to recommend two to you, it would be the Purifying Mud Mask and the Vitamin E Moisture Mask. I find that the results of these two masks are more noticable than the results of the others. The Purifying Mud Mask may look and smell horrible on the skin but it leaves skin feeling uber soft and cleansed. It's a brilliant deep clean mask that makes skin look brilliant in a short amount of time. Yet if you believe that the other masks in the range would be better for your skin then definitely go ahead and give them a go. It's all about what your skin needs and nine times out of ten my skin needs the two I recomend trying.

Have any of you tried these? Let me know in the comments if you have and what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment