Sunday 13 December 2015

Fixing Mist Review/Comparison

Lately I've been interested in fixing mists and if they really work at keeping make up on longer. So over the last few weeks I've picked some fixing mists that are easy to find on the high street and today I'm going to give each a mini review and let you know which one is worth the money.

The first fixing mist I tried was the Make Up Academy Pro Base Fixing Mist. This was the first fixing mist I ever saw on the high street and I'd heard from people it was actually good considering it was only a fiver. A fine mist that doesn't leave skin feeling wet and doesn't make make up slip as it dries. I like how this one makes my make up last plus it leaves my skin feeling ultra hydrated even though my make up has been on for about seven to eight hours. Definitely one I'd advise checking out.

The next spray I tried was the Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Amazing Make Up Fixing Spray. It is another fine mist but skin feels tackier for longer compared to the MUA mist. And it doesn't leave my skin feeling as hydrated as the MUA one does either. At the end of day my skin feels drier than it ever normally does and I find I have to go in with double the amount of hydrating skincare after I've taken my make up off.

And finally this was released only a few weeks ago and I was excited to try it. A lot of other beauty girls who had picked up a can of this from the US said it was brilliant but I'm disappointed. I don't know if they have a different formula or are two completely different products but for me this product is slightly disappointing. It seems to be a two part formula that needs shaking to mix and I find even when you shake it vigourously there is still build up at the bottom of the bottle. To start with this was a lovely fine mist that didn't take long to set my make up and helped keep it in place all day long. However after a few uses I found it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do and then the icing on the cake was when it left what looked like dry toothpaste marks all over my face. I'm going to continue using this in hope it gets better but right now I'm disappointed.

If I was going to recomend you try one of these especially this time of the year, I would probably recomend the MUA spray. I like how this makes my make up look even hours after application and how it leaves my skin both after I've removed my make up and whilst my make up is still on. Yes it's cheaper than the others, yes it's from an lesser known brand but it works and it doesn't disappoint when I use it. However that's just my opinion and you may find that the other two work better for you. If that's so then please let me know, I love hearing about what other people think of products I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment