Monday 7 December 2015

Top 5 Red Lipsticks


It's December and to me December means two things. Christmas and red lips. As it's coming up to the festive season I find myself wearing red lipstick everyday as I find it makes me feel more christmassy than I already am. So today I thought I'd share with you my Top 5 Red Lipsticks that I will be wearing up obsessively until Christmas.

MAC Russian Red
It wouldn't be a Top 5 Red Lip post without this lipstick. This is one of my holy grail lipsticks. It's matte, it's red and it looks gorgeous on, what more could you ask for from a lipstick. If you treat yourself to one slightly higher end lipstick this year I recommend it be this one. A long wearing matte formula that doesn't dry lips out, you can eat, drink, kiss and much more with this on and it won't budge. It's one of those beautiful classic blue toned reds that suits so many skintones and makes teeth look whiter when worn. Definitely one to swatch when you're in MAC next.

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout 
My second red lipstick is one from the high street. It's the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout. It's more a tomato shade than a blue toned shade but I love how this wears. It's long lasting, non drying and is so forgiving on the lips. They can be the driest lips in the world and this will still glide beautifully across the lips and leave them looking hydrated and saturated with colour. It also comes in a chubby stick form so it's easy to apply and you don't have to worry about wearing a lip liner underneath if you don't want to.

MAC Ruby Woo 
Now this is probably the most unforgiving lipstick in the world and I advise only wearing it when you have ultra moisturised, smooth lips. It's MAC's Ruby Woo another tomato red shade that looks beautiful on a host of skintones. Unfortunately it's a bit of a pain to wear as it's a Retro Matte finish and is like putting powder on your lips. I love wearing this colour but hate the dragging sensation on my lips when I apply it.

Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Red Essential 
Up next is another high street lip product that gives high end results. Meet the Maybelline Color Drame Lip Pencil in Red Essential. It's another blue toned red shade that suits every skintone, especially all you fair girls out there. I love how creamy this is to apply and how it doesn't dry lips out when your wearing it. Being in pencil form means it's easy to apply and can even be used a lip liner if you don't have one at hand but need to line your lips. It's an brilliant inexpensive dupe for the Nars Matte Lip Pencils so if you've had your eye on them these a good alternative at half the cost.

Urban Decay Matte Revolution in Bad Blood 
And finally my latest red lipstick has well and truly made it into my holy grail lipsticks. This is the Urban Decay Matte Revolution in Bad Blood. It's a mixture of a classic blue red and a tomato red which makes it such a unique shade of red. The bullet itself isn't shaped like most lipsticks which I thought would make it harder to apply but it's just as easy and the creamy formula of this means it glides on and gives lips a rich pigmented colour that doesn't streak or bleed. It's a long lasting formula that isn't extremely drying on the lips but at the end of the day you do know you've been wearing it. I know this is one I'm going to be getting a lot of wear out of.

So that's it for my Top 5 Red Lipsticks. Have any of you tried any of these? What are your top 5 lipsticks? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment