Friday 4 December 2015

Make Up Haul

Lately I've been a little wild in the Cosmetic Aisles and I thought I'd share what I've picked up with you all. There is a wide range of brands featuring in this haul as well as a couple of new releases I've picked up.

Let's start with a repurchase or three. I picked up another of my three favourite concealers because these are the only things that will cover my dark circles. The first one I picked up is the Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer in 02. I like to pop this on the outer half of my under eye area to give a subtle highlight to that area. I do the same with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory but unlike the Barry M one I use it all over my face as well to cover up any imperfections I have. And finally I picked up another of my Maybelline Anti-Age Eraser Eye in Light. This is my holy grail concealer and I use it everyday. I like the sponge applicator of this as it makes it easier to apply and gives even amount of product as well. If you haven't tried it then I recommend you do.

As well as getting myconcealers I picked up three lip liners. Two I picked to try and match to my Too Face Melted Lipstick and I just wanted another red lip liner so as it was 3 for 2 I couldn't resist. From left to right I got the Loreal Liner in Intense Plum, Barry M Lip Liner in 3 and Maybelline Liner in Intense Pink. All three of these liners are creamy and easy to apply even though they are all wooden pencils and not the wind up kind I usually like.

And as we're on the subject I think it's only fitting that I run you through the seven I picked up this weekend just gone. I know, I know seven is ridiculous but if I find a formula of a lip liner from a brand I buy as many colours as possible. From top to bottom I got Maybelline Colour Sensational Liners in Hollywood Red, Pleasure Me Red and Midnight Plum, the Loreal Liner in Velvet Robe, the Barry M Liners in shades 9 and 1 and another Loreal Liner in Scarlet Rouge. I picked up all these shades as darker lips are my go to look and as I already knew I liked the formulas I knew it would be okay. Plus with my Maybelline liners I got this really cute make up bag as well which is covered in different coloured lips.

Up next is something I brought but didn't buy at the same time. This really cute sample of Clinque's Colour Pop lipstick came free with December's issue of Glamour Magazine. This is one freebie that I'm hightly excited to try. I've had my eye on these lipstick since they came out but just couldn't bring myself to part with that kind of cash. And of course I went with the red option as no matter what I always go for the red lipsticks.

I haven't tried a lot of Models Own nail polishes because they've never really had colours that I found appealing but when I saw these on their stand recently I just had to have them. These are from their Twilight Collection and are absolutely stunning. There is Sweet Sherry on the left and Heather on the right. They're very thick in formula and apply beautifully to the nail which is something I look for especially in darker shades. The wear time isn't perfect but hey you can't win everything.

This next product is the most disappointing of the bunch. I had high hopes for this and thought it would be a great dupe for MAC's Russian Red. However I was disappointed. This is the Make Up Revolution Matte Lipstick in Propaganda. It's a beautiful blue toned red that jumped out at me as soon as I saw it. However when I went to put it on, it was patchy in places and was hardly opaque on the lips. I guess with a lip liner underneath or some extra oomph given it may work but for the time I'm disappointed.

Fixing Sprays/Mists are something I've only just started dabbling in and after hearing good reviews about both of these I thought I'd give them a go. They are the MUR Pro Fix Fixing Spray and the MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist. Both of them are very fined, lightly frangranced sprays that lock make up into place and help it's longevity. So far I'm prefering the MUA Fixing Mist as it seems to make my make up last longer than the MUR spray. However I did pick up another spray which I'll be putting to the test against these two in a couple of weeks.

And whilst we're on the subject of fixing mists I just couldn't turn down this latest offering from Loreal when it was released last week. This is the Infallible Fixing Mist, two part spray that once shook locks make up in place for the rest of the day. I'm not going to say much more than I'm enjoying it and that there will be a post on it coming very soon.



Recently my local Superdrug got a Make Up Revolution stand and to say I went a little mad for it is an understatment. I picked up three of their palettes and would have picked up more if they had been in stock. I got the Cover and Conceal Palette, the Ultra Corrector Palette and then their eyebrow palette as well. Oh lord are these palettes creamy. Each one is a buttery texture that just melts onto the skin and blends out flawlessly. Even the eyebrow palette is buttery in texture and so lovely to work with. Definitely a brand that isn't recieving enough hype at the moment.

So that's it for this haul. Have any of you tried any of these products? Or do you have any recommendations for me to try next. Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment