Thursday 24 December 2015

GRWM: Festive Christmas Look

Tis the season to be jolly! Welcome back to one of my last posts before Christmas. As it's that festive season now and a lot of you will be thinking about your Christmas Day Make Up Looks, I thought I'd do my own GRWM. I hope you all enjoy it and hopefully it will inpsire some of you as well.

First off I'm going to wash my face to make sure there is none of last nights make up left on my skin. For that I'm using my Olay Anti Wrinkle Face Wash. It contains exfoliating beads which not only helps remove any dead skin from your face but also gives you and instant wake me up as well. After that I'm going in with my Clearly Youthful Glycolic Peel Off Mask. This is a clear gel mask that dries quickly on the skin ready to be peeled off. This is another brilliant exfoliator for the skin and I love how soft my skin feels after every use. Once all of that is done I go in with my morning skincare and let that sink in whilst I brush my teeth and check my instagram and twitter.

Then it's on to make up. First of I go in with my Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff. This is quickly becoming my holy grail foundation. A medium to full coverage, this blends out beautifully on the skin and gives a flawless finish that lasts all day. I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend this in as it doesn't leave any brush strokes on the skin and leaves my skin looking like it's been airbrushed.

Next up I go in with my concealer. Yes I know three concealers is an excessive amount to use but this is a routine I know like the back of my hand now. I start off with my Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Eye Concealer. I love the sponge applicator as it gives a smoother application and you're not left with excess amount of product under your eye. I blend all three in with my beauty blender and just use the tip to bop it into my skin. This covers my dark circles like a dream so I don't have to worry about those pesky purple bags making an appearence in any photos.

 After that I go in with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, and yes I know it isn't the best for using under the eyes but instead of using it to cover, I use it to brighten. Yes, you heard me right, I use this to do my under eye highlight. I'm very yellow toned and the Collection Concealer is very pink toned which makes it a brilliant shade to highlight with as it doesn't just blend into my skin like others. I swipe this under my eye and down into a triangle on my cheek then take my beauty blender and bop it into the skin. I love how awake and alert this makes my eyes look and I can't go a day without it now. And finally I go in with my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I put four dots of this on the outside of my under eye area and blend it in with my beauty blender. It gives a beautiful highlight effect to my eyes and the tops of my cheeks without being in your face. Definitely one to try if you aren't sure on actual highlighters.


Then comes the next important part of my look. Setting my make up. My go to powder at the moment is this the Hydro Powder from MUA. It contains Vitamin E and Jojoba to help keep skin feeling hydrated throughout the day. I love using my Contour Brush from Real Techniques to set under my eyes with this powder as it's just the right size. Once I've set under my eyes I use any remaining powder on the brush to brush down the center of my face so that any shiny patches are gone.



Then it's on to mascara. Firstly I take my eye lashes and curl my lashes before going in with a coat of my Maybelline Go Colossal Extreme Leather Black Mascara. This is my holy grail mascara as it gives a brilliant volumised effect whilst still looking natural. The tapered brush fits nicely to the contour of my eye and I find it can hold a curl better than any other mascara I've tried. And if my eyes are looking a little red, I go in with a bit of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kajal in Nude to give my eyes that little bit more of a wide awake look.

And this is where it gets to the fun part. You can go with any lip colour you want for this look but as it's Christmas I couldn't resist going with red. First off I go in with my Essence Lip Liner in Femme Fatale, it's a brilliant bright red shade that goes well under a ton of lipsticks. I did a full review of the range here. I use it to outline my lips and partly fill them instead of completely filling them in. I do this with certain lip liners if I know I'm going to be wearing a matte long wearing lipstick. And now for the main attraction in this look.. Out of my many red matte lipsticks I've chosen to go with my MAC Russian Red. Not only is it matte and long lasting but it's a classic red shade that suits not just this look but many. Once this is on I make sure to clean up any messy edges and blot any excess away on a tissue.

Finally for make up I spritz my face with the MUA Pro Fixing Mist. I absolutely love this mist. It sets my make up in place and makes it last longer than a primer would. A good shake and a few sprays and my make up is locked in place. It also leaves skin feeling ultra hydrated even when your make up has been on for a good four five hours.

Moving on to hair. I actually have two styles for this. One is more going out appropriate and the other is more for chilling at home with the family. The first is a plaited bun. It's actually quite simple, all you do is scoop your hair up into a ponytail and secure with a band. Then I seperate it into three parts and braid them like you do a normal plait. Once that's secured at the end I twist it around the band holding my ponytail in place and hold it in place with pins. A spritz of hairspray and you're all ready to go. And the more relaxed style is simply brush you hair, flip over your head and gather it up into a messy ponytail. Twist the tail around until you've made a messy topknot and secure in place with a festive scrunchy. I got mine from Primark and have been holding back on wearing until it was actually Christmas. And yes I will be going for the more messier bedhead chic look of the two as I'm doing nothing more than going to my nan's and feasting until my hearts content.

Hair and Make Up done, all that's left now is to change out of my Christmas Pjs and dress as Christmassy as possible. I didn't manage to find a Christmas Jumper this year but I did manage to get my hands on a Christmas t-shirt. This is from Primark and is covered in Gingerbread Men. Red isn't always the best colour on me but as it's Christmas I just don't give a damn, I'm going to rock this t-shirt and enjoy the day. It's a little on the large side for me but that's fine as you don't want anything too tight on at Christmas. A spritz of my Rosie For Autograph perfume and I'm all done.

So that's it for my Christmas GRWM. I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope you all have a brilliant Christmas. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment