Monday 7 December 2015

Top 5 Christmas Films

It's gotten to that time of the year where I want nothing more than to curl up with a hot chocolate and a movie. And what's better this time of the year than a Christmas movie. So today I thought I'd share with you the Top 5 Christmas Movies in my collection that I rotate for the whole of December every year.

My first film is my one of my favourite Christmas films of all time. It's The Muppet Christmas Carol and to me it's not Christmas if I don't watch it at least one (or twenty) times. I've grown up watching this film so it's like a Christmas tradition for me now as I think it is for quite a few people who were little in the 90s. If you haven't seen it then I say that you should definitely check it out this year.


My next film is another film I've grown up watching. The Grinch is brilliant for the whole family with themes within it that resonate with every age group. Plus it stars Jim Carey and a young Taylor Momsen who is beyond adorable as Ciny-Lou. I could watch this over and over again and never get bored of it. This is another film that will be watched about twenty times in the next month.

SANTA!!!! Sorry couldn't hold that in. And of course my next film is Elf. I love Elf, it never gets old and I know all the lines but still find the funny bits hilarious. Will Ferrell is brilliant as Buddy and everytime after I watch this if I see Will Ferrell in anything else all I can think of is him as Buddy. Definitely another film that's going to be getting a lot of screentime this month.

My next film is a newer favourite of mine, one that my whole family gather together to watch whenever it's on. It's Polar Express and when I first saw this I didn't like it. I've always had my favourites and this one didn't fit into it. However the more I've watched it over the years the more I've grown to love it. Starring Tom Hanks as the train conductor this festive family film is like every child's wildest dream at Christmas.

And my final pick is a film I only picked up last year but automatically fell in love with. Arthur Christmas was a film I'd seen advertised a lot when it came out in cinemas but it didn't really grab my attention as much as it did when I saw it in HMV last year. This film is brilliant and I can see I'm going to watch it a lot over the next few years. Lots of laugh out loud moments which will be loved by the whole family. Definitely one I recommend checking out if you haven't already.

That's it for my Top 5 Christmas Films. What are yours? Were any of them the same as mine? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment