Monday 28 December 2015

December Favourites

It's December Favourites Time! I can't believe it's already the end of the year. Where has the time gone? This month I've been loving quite a few new products and rediscovered my love for an old product as well.

Let's start with the rediscovery of the month. Every few months I find I have to change the foundation I'm using as it isn't giving me the same results as I'm used to. Until I picked this out of my collection. It's the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in the shade Buff. It's a medium to full coverage but doesn't look cakey when applied to the skin and leaves skin looking flawless. A bit of concealer will work well with this if you have excess redness or any other imperfections that the foundation hasn't covered but the foundation alone makes a brilliant base.

While I'm on make up, let's move on to my first new favourite of the month. This was actually a present I received for my birthday and I'm absolutely in love. It's the Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in the shade Bad Blood. And no I don't just love it because it's named after a Taylor Swift Song. It's a beautiful blue toned dark red that applies beautifully to the lips and wears just as well. It doesn't have a conventional shaped bullet but it is still easy to apply and last all day long. It can be slightly drying on the lips but only if they're not in good condition but otherwise it is ultra comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I'm definitely going to be picking up another shade or two at some point.

Another new make up product I've falling in love with is this Fixing Mist from MUA. A lot like the Make Up Setting Spray from Urban Decay, this one is a fraction of the price but still gives the same brilliant results. As it's been leading up to a very busy time at work for me I've wanted my make up to last longer and a primer just wasnt' working but this spray went above and beyond my expectations. A fine mist that doesn't leave skin feeling wet or even overly tacky it sets make up in place and leaves my skin feeling hydrated even when my make up's been on for a good six or seven hours. I've nearly finished this bottle already as I've been using this every day. Definitely one I'd recommend picking up if you're looking for an inexpensive fixing spray.

And now on to skincare. If you've been reading my blog for a while now you'll know that I love the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream. And recently Garnier have released a Miracle Wake Up Cream designed for use in the morning. It is absolutely heavenly on the skin. With Rice Peptides and Glycerin this helps revive tired looking skin whilst giving it a boost of Hydration. I love using this on days when I'm not wearing make up as it really gives my skin that pick me up it needs. Definitely one to try if you get the chance, a full review will be going up soon.

And finally for beauty products I've been loving these Nip and Fab Extreme Glycolic Fix Night Pads. A once a week treatment, these pre soaked pads are filled with Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid and Salicyclic Acid. All three of these ingredients are aimed at exfoliating and decongesting skin that may not be at it's best. Once a week I use one of these pads after I've taken my make up off/cleansed my skin. The pad will leave a residue on the skin but as the residue sinks into skin you'll get a tingly feeling on your skin that means it is working. And then then the morning after my skin looks better and feels better, gone is any excess texture, any enlarged pores are gone and everything applies better to my skin. Not one for people with overly sensitive skin but brilliant for others whose skin is a little more hardy.

And of course it wouldn't be a December favourites if I didn't mention it's main event as my random favourite. Of course I'm talking about Christmas. It's one of the highlights of my year and I love being able to treat my family and friends to things they've been eyeing up all year. And then there's the spending the day together which this year meant more to me than anything. I spent the day at my nan's where she put on a brilliant buffet for tea and many laughs were had. And it was worthwhile to see the look on my mum's face when I gave her my yearly treat of designer fragrance and her sausage dog shaped slippers.

So that's it for my December Favourites. What were your favourites this month? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment