Monday 21 December 2015

Review: Essence Lip Liners

Lately I've had a slight obsession with lip liners and am always on the look out for new ones to try. So when I saw msbudgetbeauty do a Essence haul and show some lip liners I knew I needed to try them.

And so far I have to say I'm impressed with them. I brought three in total and of course they're darker more red toned shades as that's the ones I'd get the most use out of. From top to bottom I got Soft Berry, Red Blush and Femme Fatale. Femme Fatale is my favourite of three as it was the perfect red shade for me but I was disappointed in Soft Berry. It was very patchy in colour and did not look anything like it did in the pencil. Red Blush is a very beautiful shade but one that I haven't worn as much as I don't have many shades that match this in my collection.

Now by now I know you're all wondering how a pencil liner can be just as good as a wind up/mechanical liner. And if I'm honest I have no clue either. Apart from Soft Berry these pencils are very soft and creamy to apply making filling in your lips a dream. The colours are opaque, vibrant and long lasting in one swipe. I love to fill my entire lips in with these colours and if they don't look like they need anything over the top I leave them on their own but if I think they're lacking that little something I add a lipstick over the top.

If I was to recommend trying a colour from this range it would have to be Femme Fatale. It's a beautiful red shade that will work under so many lipsticks and on it's own on so many skintones. Matte, non drying and vibrant, these lip liners are the perfect item to have in your collection, especially this time of the year. Oh and did I mention, they're only a £1 a liner. I know, it's ridiculous how inexpensive these are yet they give brilliant results. I highly recommend trying this out when you're near an Essence counter next.

Have you tried these? Did you like them? Do you have any colour recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment