Wednesday 26 October 2016

Halloween Decor Ideas

Welcome Back to Halloween Week! As it's getting closer to Halloween and you may be thinking of decorating for upcoming parties I thought I'd share a few things I like to make my house look and feel ready for Halloween.

If you're not big on going all out on decorating your house for Halloween but want a little something to commemorate the holiday then window gels are the way to go. Fun, easy to do and a great way to get kids involved in as well. I got mine from local Poundlands and love the cute designs. These have filled up my window amazingly and are pretty eye catching as you walk past/leave the house. The skeleton's on the end have a little extra va va voom as they glow in the dark so as the day nears it end, they shine brighter on the window. Easy to apply, don't damage the window and a lot of fun, window gels are probably my favourite Halloween decoration.

If you're a parent and your kids want to decorate their room then the best way to go is string lights. They can be strung up anywhere, are battery operated and won't cause any harm. I picked up these uber cute pumpkins from my local Poundland where you can find a multitude of designs. I strung these over the canvases that over look my bed. There was just enough wire to make a nice dip in the middle but if your pictures are closer together you'll probably get it across both. These add a nice soft glow to a room as you relax and enjoy your favourite Halloween movie.

Another cute set of light I picked up is these uber cute ghost lights. They've been hung along my bookcase to give it a little oomph. They have the cutest expressions on their faces and give a quirky update to any room. These are also battery operated so they're easy for kids to turn on and off and won't cost the earth in electricity bills.

Tinsel! Now you may only think that tinsel is acceptable for Christmas but this Halloween tinsel is adorable and a great addition to an otherwise plain looking shelf or bookcase. These were only a £1 from Wilko's and easily fits an average sized shelf. As you can see I weaved it through my Marvel figurines to give it a different look instead of just draping it in front of them. The top shelf has silver skulls popping out at random intervals and the purple tinsel has black bats sitting randomly throughout it.

These solar powered dancing figurines are brilliant little additions to any room. They dance brilliantly when the suns out and make a nice decoration when it disappears. I have tons of these in my house for both Halloween and Christmas but this little guy is my ultimate favourite. He's wearing a bow tie so how can you not love him. These are inexpensive, self powering and uber adorable, perfect for kids rooms.

So that's it for my decor ideas. I hope these have helped you with any upcoming Halloween celebrations. I'll see you tomorrow for Halloween Week Day Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment