Friday 28 October 2016

Halloween Week: Halloween GRWM

Welcome back to Halloween Week! It's only a couple of days away now and everyone is planning their outfits and make up looks for their various parties or what not. I however am not, I will be working on Halloween so no trick or treating for me. That's not going to stop me enjoying Halloween though so today I thought I would talk you through the look I plan on wearing to work on Monday.

After my skincare routine I go in with my Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. This adds a really nice moisture boost before foundation. Then I pop a little bit of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer down the centre of my face. This helps keep my foundation in place as it usually disappears from there first. It also helps with my pores and means my foundation doesn't sink into any enlarged pores I may have.

Then it's on to foundation. My favourite at the moment is the Dior Star Foundation. I only have a sample but it's a very generous sample that just keeps giving. I dot this all over my face and then go in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I love the coverage this foundation gives, whilst still looking natural and skin like. This covers even the worst of my redness and any blemishes that decide to pop up.

Moving onto concealer and I've fallen back in love with my Maybelline The Eraser Eye. It blends seamlessly in with my foundation, covers my dark circles and doesn't crease or fade. A damp beauty bops this into place flawlessly and leaves the under eye area looking brighter and more awake. Then I pop a bit of the Collection Lasting Perfection over any redness that the foundation hasn't covered and as a bit of highlight under the eyes. I go in again with the damp beauty blender to blend that all in.

Once my concealer is done I like to set everything in place. I take the Real Techniques Setting Brush and my Collection Pressed Powder to set under my eyes. I like how well this powder sets everything into place without making it cakey or dry, especially under the eyes. For all over my face I take the same powder and my large fluffy B Powder Brush and brush it down the centre of my face and along the edges.

Mascara Time! And recently I've been loving Benefit's Roller Lash. It has a curved brush that fits well to the contour of the eye and one sweep of the wand gives mega volume and definition. Usually I need to use Benefit's Tinted Lash Primer to give my lashes that wow factor but with this mascara all I need is my eye lash curlers and a couple of layers of Roller Lash.

Finally onto lips and as it's Halloween let's get out of our comfort zone. Sure it's not that out of my comfort zone but it's something that I wouldn't dream of wearing any other time of the year. I start of with the PS Love Lip Liner in Hot Gossip. It's a vibrant purple shade that glides beautifully along the lips and makes lining lips a dream. Then I fill in the rest of my lips with the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless. It's such a vibrant purple I don't think I could pull it off any other day than Halloween.

As I'm working I have to pair this look with an all black ensemble which just makes this look pop. I'd pair it with my cat ears if I could find them but alas I'm without them. Keep an eye on my instagram on Monday for a shot of this look more than likely sans cat ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment