Tuesday 4 October 2016

My After Make Up Skincare Routine

There are some days when I only do two skincare routines and then there are days when I do three skincare routines. The third routine comes on days when I don't want to wear my make up after work or if my skin feels gross under my make up after running round work I take it off as soon as I get home. And these are the products that I use during that routine.

Cleanse: For my intial cleanse I use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. This is soothing, hydrating and removes all traces of make up. I like to use this as it's very gentle and I feel that's what my skin needs when it comes to removing make up. And for my second cleanse I go in with Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean Cleanser. It's a milky formula which helps smooth skin whilst removing any lingering traces of make up or dirt. It also helps remove all traces of eye make up so I don't have to use a seperate eye make up remover afterwards.

Toner: Once all my make up is gone it's time to move onto toner. I love the Pixi Glow Tonic as my everyday toner. It contains 5% Glycolic Acid and Ginseng which work together to exfoliate and revitalise the skin. It's brilliant at helping with any texture I have on my skin as well as giving it a boost which it definitely needs after a day at work. My favourite thing about this is that it doesn't cause irritation with everyday use thanks to the Aloe Vera in the formula. In fact whilst it exfoliates and revitalises the skin it also soothes skin and helps ease any issues I have with my skin.

Facial Spritz: After toning I like to spritz myself with an hydrating facial spray. My favourite for this is the B Hyaluronic Acid Facial Spritz. This contains nothing but Hyaluronic Acid, meaning that skin is given nothing but hydration that is going to lock itself into your skin as well as hold onto any other moisture boosting products you put on afterwards. This is suitable for sensitive skin and doesn't irritate, esepcially after use with glycolic acid.

Serum: Once my skin is thoroughly cleansed, toned and spritzed it's time for serum. My favourite serum for an instant hydration boost is the Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum. It's very thin in consistency but is like an instant hydration boost to the skin. On days where my skin is screaming out for moisture I can actually feel my skin drinking this up and then there are days where it lingers around a bit longer as my skin doesn't always need a lot of moisture.

Moisturiser: For my moisturiser I love using the Garnier Miracle Wake Me Up Cream. It's a very rich cream that feels soothing on the skin as well as moisturising. It also helps skin look less tired and gives it more radiance. It's not the best cream for wearing under make up but on clean toned skin it's perfect. You can feel your skin drinking this up as you apply it, a feeling that doesn't go away for a while after application. A brilliant pick me up after a long day.

Eyes:  And finally it's onto eye cream and there is only one cream for me at the moment. Olay's Total Effects Transforming Eye Cream is very rich but thin in consistency. It doesn't ball up under the eyes and smooths over the skin seamlessly. It really does transform the eye. Under eye circles, tired eyes or blue toned veins will not be gone completely but they will be diminshed with use. It also helps perk the eyes up after a long day and gives them a boost of hydration that some eye creams lack.

Have any of you got an after make up routine? If so, what is it? I'd love to hear your routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment