Sunday 30 October 2016

October Favourites

Welcome to another Monthly Favourites. Where has the month gone? It's feels like I was writing September Favourites yesterday. This month my skin has been having a lot of hormonal changes and I've been focused a lot on sorting that out so there are definitely more skincare favourites than any others.

When it comes to cleansing this month there have been two products I've really enjoyed. The first is the new Loreal Micellar Water. It's more of a purified water than a cleansing water and thoroughly removes all signs of make up, dirt and grime. And the best bit is that it hasn't caused any adverse reactions and actually makes my skin feel better after every use. I like to use this on days when I'm not wearing any make up before going in with the rest of my skincare routine. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft without feeling dry or tight. A full review can be found here.

The other cleansing product I've been loving this month is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser. It's a water gel based cleanser that foams when it touches the skin but doesn't irritate or break skin out. It contains Hyaluronic Acid so it gives a moisture boost whilst cleansing skin. Two pumps is enough to get a good lather and it washes away easily with a warm flannel or muslin cloth. A full review will be coming soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.

For moisturiser this month I've been really loving this Garnier Moisture Bomb Moisturiser. It contains Hyaluronic Acid and Pomergranate Extract which gives skin the best kind of moisture boost. It's a runny cream like formula that sinks effortlessly into the skin and gives skin an instant boost. After every use my skin feels smooth, hydrated and plump. The night gel didn't work that well for me but the day cream is killing it at the moment.

For base products this month there has only been one I've been loving. It's the Dior Star Foundation. Now I only have a sample size of this but it's gone a very long way. It's a light to medium finish base that covers everything from blemishes to redness and still looks skinlike. It blends out flawless with a brush or a damp beauty blender and doesn't break up on the skin like some foundations can do. It comes with a hefty price tag which is the only thing putting me off of it but I think the results and how it looks on my skin is worth it.

And my last favourite for the month is a rediscovery for me. Benefit's Roller Lash was a firm favourite of mine when it was first released but then I moved on to other mascaras. It has a thin curved brush that gives lashes an astounding amount of volume and definition without looking clumpy or overdone. It holds a curl all day long and isn't hard to remove. I'll definitely be picking up a bigger version of this when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment