Tuesday 11 October 2016

GRWM: Casual Shopping Day

As the weather has turned colder and the days become more and more autumnal, my make up has turned the same way. Gone is the dewy skin of summer and in it's place is matte flawless looking skin paired with lip colours that are darker and more seasonal. So today I thought I'd show you all my go to look for days when I head out to town to do a bit of shopping and grab myself another pumpkin spiced latte.

As always I start with skincare and once that's all done I go and brush my teeth to give my moisturiser/SPF a chance to sink into the skin. I haven't shown my skincare routine here as I have a separate post coming up on my morning skincare routine. 

After I've brushed my teeth it's back to do my make up and first up is primer. I use two primer, excessive I know but this is a combination that works perfectly for me and my skin type. I start with the Barry M Flawless Hydro Fix Primer Water. It primes skin and creates a perfect base for make up whilst simultaneously locking in and moisturising skin. I spray this a couple of times across my face before gently patting it in. Then it's onto the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It's a smoothing primer that blurs the look of pores whilst creating an even base for make up. It's a lot like the Benefit Porefessional Primer except it doesn't feel as silicone based. It's also oil free so oily skintypes can use this as well. This I put mainly down the centre of my face and under my eyes to keep my concealer from disappearing like it usually does.

Moving onto foundation and I've fallen in love with one that's just a little out of my price range. I've been using this Dior Star sample everytime I've been going anywhere but work and I'm in love. It's a lightweight feeling foundation that gives brilliant coverage without looking cakey or overdone on the skin. A little goes a long way and once it's buffed in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush my skin looks flawless but still skin like.

 Up next is concealer and recently I've fallen back in love with my Maybelline The Eraser Eye. It's so creamy to apply and blends out seamlessly. It cover any dark circles I have and brightens the under eye area. A damp beauty blender is the best way to blend this out and used alongside the Dior foundation it creates a flawless base. And if I have any redness or blemishes then I go in with my Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. It's brilliant to highlight areas such as under the eye and covers any imperfections that the foundation hasn't quite covered. I use this mainly on the redness on my cheeks as it has a tendency to show under my foundation. Yet again a damp beauty blender is the way to blend this out as it gives a flawless yet natural finish to the skin.

To set everything place I go in with the Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory. It mattifies and sets the base without making it look to powdery or cakey. I take the Real Techniques Setting Brush to set under my eyes and pat it around the area. I don't rub as that creates cake-face and is more likely to make your concealer crease. Then I take the B Powder Brush and brush it gently down the centre of my face as well as around the edge of my face and down my neck. I then take my Buffing Brush and make sure everything is blended from my jawline down so I don't have that obvious foundation line.

Now it's onto eyes and I like to keep things simple. I curl my lashes a couple of times before going in with the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. This helps keep a curl whilst simultaneously nourishing and priming lashes. It's brown tint means you can wear it alone or under your mascara of choice. And whilst that's still slightly tacky on the lashes I apply a coat of the Lash Sensational Mascara from Maybelline. I have a slight love/hate relationship with this mascara and right now it's at it's love stage. It gives my lashes definition, volume and length and it doesn't make them clumpy or spidery in the slightest. It gives my eyes a little something extra that other mascaras just aren't at the moment.

Now this look works well with a multitude of lip colours but my favourite at the moment is from the Rosie For Autograph range. Lady Rose is a stunning mauve toned  neutral shade that works well on a multitude of skin tones and with numerous looks. I pair it with the Primark Lip Liner in 09 making sure that everything is even and well applied. I don't fill the entire lip in with the liner as they can be a little drying but I fill a good part of my lip in. Once that's done I pop a coat of Lady Rose over the top, blot away and then apply another layer. Then it's in with a cotton bud to tidy up any uneven edges or smudges.

Once my make up is done, it's time to set it in place for the day ahead. And for that I go in with the Barry M Flawless Mix and Fix Setting Spray. It comes in two finishes, Dewy or Matte and I much prefer the Matte Finish. Not only does it lock my make up in place, keep it from moving. It also helps take away any cakey-ness and gives a natural matte finish. It also helps mattify your chosen lip product without drying the lips out too much.

Now my make up is all done, it's time to move onto hair. I love wearing my hair right on the top of my head in an oversized, somewhat messy bun. To get this look I just flip my hair over, gather it all into a pony just higher than my crown and twist it up into a bun. I use a large number of hair pins to secure it into place and to create it's shape. They make it feel a lot more secure and less damaging to the hair. Then I take a comb and smooth away any large bumps at the back, pinning up any loose hair with smaller sized bobby pins. Then voila hair done.

Colder weather means that I can finally break out my multitude of jumpers. I love sweater weather, nothing beats a cosy sweater as the weather gets colder. The top I'm wearing in my picture is a v neck jumper from Primark, it's thinner than some jumpers but still thick enough to keep me warm. I have it in Khaki, Blue and Purple I love it that much. I paired it with dark wash high waisted skinny jeans and my go to black and white converse. To finish it off I added a seasonally appropriate tote bag (Halloween themed) and a thin but large scarf. A spritz of Stella McCartney POP and I'm ready to go.

So that's it for my GRWM. I hope you all enjoyed it and I'd love to know what your go to products for going out are.

No comments:

Post a Comment