Friday 24 November 2017

Get Unready With Me: Cosy Night In

Now I love getting ready everyday, I find it somewhat soothing. However I love nothing more than taking it all off at the end of the day or in my case as soon as I get home from work. There is nothing more satisfying than taking my make up off, taking my hair down, putting on some comfy pjs and getting cosy with a book or film for the evening.

 My work uniform is the first thing to come off as soon as I get home. Nothing feels better than taking my bra off (sorry TMI) and getting snuggly in my pjs. Now I know Christmas is really upon us but I'm feeling cosy pjs and these Grinch ones have been begging me to wear them since I brought them. And how can I resist them. Covered in the Grinch, my favourite Christmas film of all time, these all over fleccy pjs are the ultimate comfort after a day at work. Once I'm in my pjs. I take the numerous amount of pins out of my hair, give it a brush and then put it on top of my head in a not allowed in public pineapple.

Now I'm in my pjs it's time to take my make up off. Now I love putting my make up on everyday but I love nothing more than taking it all off as well. Sometimes I wait until I go to bed but there are other days when I can't wait and it's off as soon as I'm home from work. I like to double cleanse, the initial cleanse to remove my make up and the second cleanse to make sure I didn't miss any make up and to make sure my skin is clean. For inital cleanse I go in with an oil or a lightweight yet effective cream cleanser such as the Loreal Extraordinary Cleansing Oil or the Soap and Peaches Cleansing Milk. These really break down make up, including mascara without stinging eyes or leaving skin feeling greasy. Then for my second cleanse I tend to go in with a richer balm cleanser to really nourish my skin whilst simultaneously cleansing only my skin. I love Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm, it's rich and nourishing but doesn't weight down my skin or leave feeling overloaded by product. Once I've washed it off, my skin feels clean, soft and nourished.

On nights like these I go in with a sheet mask but before I apply my mask I like to tone and spritz my skin. For toner I can't help but go in with Alpha H's Liquid Gold. It's one of my favourite Glycolic Acid based skin treatments/toners. It really helps with skins texture and leaves my skin feeling smooth but not irritated. You could leave it there and let the Glycolic Acid just work it's magic but I like to lock it in with a little bit of Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer. This hydrates and soothes skin, diminshing the appearence of my redness and locking in skin's moisture.

Then finally I put on a sheet mask. I was only going to feature one but when it came to choosing one I just couldn't decide, so all three it is. The first and most used that I always have a stash of is the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks. I always have two or three of each kind stashed in my collection as their the ones I reach for the most. The same stands for the Soap and Glory Speed Plump Hydro-Gel Mask.This mask moulds itself to my face and doesn't flap or fall off. The same can be said for the Origins Sheet Masks. I only have one of these at a time as they do veer towards the pricier side of sheet masks.

I went for the Garnier Moisture Bomb De-Tiring Mask in the end. Not only does it give my skin a brilliant boost of hydration but it also is infused with Lavender Essential Oil that not only helps reduce the appearence of fatigue but also relaxes the senses, perfect after a day at work. I love how saturated in product these masks are, they do their job but don't drip or splash everywhere when I take it out the packet. They fit nicely to the face and don't fall off or start to flap about when you move. Fifteen to twenty minutes is long enough for my skin to feel hydrated. It's the perfect time for catching up on Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter.

Once I've taken off my sheet mask I usually go in with my moisturiser and nothing more. However my eyes are looking little puffy and dark so I'm going in with some eye patches. My all time favourites are from Rodial. On the slightly more pricey side, these Dragon's Blood Eye Masks work wonders on the under eye area and the results hang around for a good few days afterwards as well. Once I've popped these on I head into the kitchen to make myself a hot chocolate. I meant to take a picture of my favourite Mrs Claus mug but she was in the wash and then I completely forgot. However she is chubby looking, adorable and perfect for hot chocolate.

Pjs on, sheet mask done and hot chocolate in hand, it's time to get myself settled for the night. I have two choices of entertainment, the first is the book I've been reading called The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop. So far I'm really enjoying it and feel I may read more in the series after this. The second is the film The Holiday. I have never seen this film but heard lots of people rave about it, especially around the festive period. So I think tonight I'm going to cosy up with the cat and watch The Holiday for the first time. And if there's time or I'm not asleep already I can read a bit more of my book.

And the last thing I do not just when I'm having a cosy night in but every night is apply a good night cream. My go to is the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream. Packed full of Lavender Oil and Hyaluronic Acid, this rich cream is the perfect product for faking a good nights sleep. No matter what time I go to bed I always make sure I apply this to give my skin a good repair/renewal as I sleep. And that's it, once everything is done, I'm more than happy to snuggle down under my duvet, watch another Christmas movie or at least attempt before sleep comes a calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment