Thursday 9 November 2017

Review: Collection Colour Corrector Concealers

Colour correcting is something I've tried in the past and never gotten on with. It's either never worked or shown through anything I've applied over top. So when Collection launched their own Colour Correctors I was both intrigued and apprehensive. They've sat in my collection for the last few months but it hasn't been until recently that I've started using them and loving them.

There are three in the collection, a lilac, a lemon and a green. I only have the lemon and the green because they were the only ones that I thought needed. They're part of the Lasting Perfection range so you know they're going to last ages on the skin and give great coverage whilst letting skin breath and still be skin.

The Lemon corrector is aimed at reducing the look of dark circles as well as any blue tones. At a quick glance I confuse it with the Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair but when you put the two together you can definitely tell the difference. For a while I dismissed this and said it didn't work but recently it has really been wowing me. A little goes a long way and once blended out with a finger, it gives a brightened look which is only enhanced when you add concealer. I always put it right in the inner corner where my dark circles are darkest and concentrate on keeping as much of the product there as possible. Then and only then do I take it to the outer edges where I don't need it as much, unless it was a very late night.

The Green Corrector aims to reduce the appearence of redness caused by blemishes or roseaca. You don't need a lot of this, a little really does go a long way. This came in handy when I had a real problem with blemishes last month. It reduced the redness on and around the blemish and wasn't visible once I'd blended my foundation out over top. I wouldn't suggest going over the top with this product because it makes it harder to blend out and unless you have a very high coverage foundation to cover the green hue it leaves behind is likely to show through. I found placing a small dot where you need it then blending it out with a finger is the perfect combination to disguise redness.

Initally when I tried these correctors I hated them, they didn't disguise what I wanted them to, they showed under foundation and even made one of my foundations break up over top and leave it looking patchy, almost the same look as when foundation sticks to a patch of dry skin. However when I dug them out of my collection and started to try them again I was surprised to find that they actually did work. I think a lot of it was my own fault and not the products. A lot of it was me applying too much product and not blending it out properly whereas now I've found the way that works for me and allows the product to do it's best on my skin. I've had a lot of issues with redness over the last month and on the days where it's been at it's worst, the green corrector has been a life saver. It may seem scary looking in the tube but when in fact it's on the skin, it's not as intimidating as you first believe.

They have a very similar formula to the Lasting Perfection Concealers but aren't heavy or pore clogging. It does mean though that they are long lasting and won't disappear after a few hours leaving behind patches of where it's been. It does however mean that you're going to get great coverage that works to disguise, correct and conceal any imperfections you're looking to correct. Out of all the high street correctors about at the moment I'd say that these from Collection are some of the best. They're pigmented, creamy, easy to blend and don't cost the earth. And because you can buy them individually instead of a kit like other correctors, it means you can pick which corrector you need most, instead of spending more money on a palette where the majority of the shades are going to go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment