Friday 3 November 2017

Review: Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Bubble Sheet Mask

To say I got excited when I saw that Nip and Fab had released a range of sheet masks would be an understatement. I could have easily brought the entire range but reined myself in and only picked up two of them. However I forgot to picture the Dragon's Blood Hydrogel Mask so have had to forgo adding it to this post. However I remembered to photograph this mask before I used it.

The Glycolic Fix Bubble Sheet Mask is enriched with Charcoal and 2% Glycolic Acid. The oxygen bubbles work to cleanse, rexturise and purify skin whilst looking utterly hilarious on the face.

It only takes ten minutes to work and starts working as soon as you take it out of the packet. It gives skin a subtle tingle and sounds like you've stuck a ton of rice kripsies to your face but neither sensation is unpleasant. Once ten minutes have passed and the bubbles have risen quite significantly then you remove it, rub in the remaining bubbles and then rinse skin with warm water. When you take it off it may seem like you're wasting product because there are still bubbles on the mask but these bubbles are prove that the mask has worked.

This is the first bubble mask I'd tried and I wasn't too sure what to expect from it. As I said it did make skin tingle but it wasn't an uncomfortable sensation and it didn't leave my skin feeling stripped or irritated in any sense. When I removed it I was quite impressed by how soft and smooth my skin felt. I usually have a little bit of texture along my jaw but after using this mask it was not completely gone but dimished enough for my liking. I actually came back to writing this post the day after I used this mask as I wanted to see if any blemishes or irritation appeared overnight. And I'm very happy to say that my skin looked clearer, felt softer to the touch and there were no blemishes or irritation. I had a feeling that this mask wouldn't react badly with my skin as it works well with the other products in the range but with my skin having been troublesome lately I was a bit dubious.

There are a couple of things that I find a little disappointing with this mask. The first is that their mask is called their Extreme Glycolic Bubble Mask but only contains 2% Glycolic Acid whereas the rest of their Extreme Glycolic Range contains 5% and up. And the second is the price, now I know that Nip and Fab are one of the higher priced skincare ranges on the market but think this mask/range of masks is a little overpriced. I tried the Dragon's Blood Hydrogel Mask and found it highly disappointing. The worst bit was that it cost £7.50 and it didn't seem to do a lot for my skin. This mask comes in at £5.50 and whilst I like the results I don't think I'll be rushing out to repurchase another soon, unless it's on a half price deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment