Sunday 26 November 2017

Monthly Favourites: November

I say this every month but literally where has the month gone. It's nearly December and I haven't even got half of my Christmas shopping done. The panic is starting to set in a little if I'm honest. This month there isn't a lot of new favourites or a lot of favourites in general. For some reason I just haven't been using or discovering a lot of new products this month.

A lot of my favourites this month are old favourites that I've fallen in love with again. The first of these is Pixi's Glow Tonic. This has been my go to toner for the month and it's really changed both how my skin looks and feels. A lot of it's down to the 5% Glycolic Acid in it's formula that has helped my skin, making my skin look brighter and feel softer to the touch. And I've been using it everyday instead of every now and again and I think that's why it's been working so well with my skin. In fact I'm nearly out and need to pick up another one up soon.

Another oldie but a goodie is the Emma Hardie Morninga Cleansing Balm. I go through phases of using it and then stopping because I only had travel sized pots beforehand. Now though I have three 50ml pots waiting for me when I have finished this one. I love this product, it just works wonders on my skin, especially now it's Winter. Rich, thick and nourishing, this is my favourite second cleanse at the moment as it just does so much for my skin. If you've never tried it before I highly suggest you do, you won't regret it.

From one end of the price spectrum to another. To go alongside with my Emma Hardie, my favourite inital cleanse/make up remover has been from Loreal. Their Extraordinary Facial Cleansing Oil has been my go to intial cleanse. Lightweight, non greasy and non pore blocking, this cleansing oil breaks down make up, including mascara without stinging or leaving a film behind. This paired with my Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm is like a match made in heaven. Together my skin feels squeaky clean but not stripped and the combination of the ingredients have left my skin glowing, clean and soft.

The only make up favourite I have this month is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I picked this up at the beginning of the month after a few weeks of debating if I really needed it. And I'm so glad I picked it up. Amazing coverage, gorgeous glowy finish and brilliant staying power, this foundation I've been wearing this month. Usually Bourjois base products have a tendency to oxidise on my skin but this doesn't do that and looks flawless a good eight hours after I've applied it. Because it's more of a glowy finish I do need to powder a little more but that's not really a big issue for me.



This month I turned 25! And as my birthday present my bestest friend/soul sister Jasmin brought tickets for us to go and see Mamma Mia. I didn't have any idea where we'd be sitting, I just went by what Jasmin said. On the night we went for dinner and headed to Oxford and that's when I for once in my life was a little speechless. We were seven rows from the front. SEVEN ROWS! It made me a little emotional and left me a little speechless at the same time. Mamma Mia was amazing, I found myself laughing, singing and even at the end dancing. If you've ever thought of going, do it. It's an amazing night out and I can't quite believe that Jasmin did something like this for my birthday.

The other non beauty favourite I've been loving this month is the reboot of Strike Back. Retribution is a brand new cast for a ten part series which kicked off with a bang. Now I didn't think this was going to amount to much as I didn't think they could top the original series with Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton. But they're on a good start to do so. Four episodes have aired so far and each one has been bigger and better than the last. It's also set up the rest of the series nicely and I can't wait to see how it plays out. Warren Brown and Dan MacPherson are brilliant as Mac and Wyatt and have the same style banter as seen before with Winchester and Stapleton but it's the women of the team that I'm loving the most. Roxanne Mckee and Alin Sumarwata are absolutely amazing as Reynolds and Novin. Strong, badass yet still human and hilarious, the pair are my favourites of the show. And it's one of the reasons why Strike Back is one of my favourite shows even if it's not the typical kind of show you'd expect me to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment