Sunday 19 November 2017

Winter Lip Edit

The temperature has dropped, Christmas songs are starting to appear and people have started getting into the festive spirit. And in my eyes that makes it Winter, so of course it's time for me to post my Winter Lip Edit. Normally I curate this to five lip products but I really struggled to do that this year as there were so many I loved or like the look of and ended up just putting them all in to save me the hassle of having to choose.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso: This isn't a stranger to my Lip Edits, I can't get enough of this shade. Beso is a bright cherry red that has just the right amount of blue tones running through it to stop it looking too orange. It's doe foot applicator makes application a dream and it doesn't dry down streaky or patchy. Applied onto to dry/chapped lips and it can feel uncomfortable and drying on the lips but if you pop a bit of lip balm underneath this will feel comfortable for a lot longer. It doesn't transfer unless you eat something extremely greasy but can be easily reapplied without it cracking or balling on the lips. The perfect Christmas Red, I expect I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it in the next month.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Ricco: Another Stila shade that I can't get enough of, especially since the weathers turned colder is Ricco. This is a beautiful deep plum shade that has just the right amount of purple running through it. Again it can be drying but it's a lot more comfortable if you apply thin layers as to not overload the lips with products. It doesn't dry streaky which is rare for a shade like this. If you have fair skin this shade will compliment that beautifully but it is a gorgeous shade no matter what your skintone is.

Sleek Matte Me Up Liquid Lipstick in Old Hollywood: I received the a miniatures kit of the Sleek Matte Me Up Liquid Lipsticks last year but haven't gotten round to trying them recently. It's a stunning burgundy shade that makes a great alternative to red, especially this time of the year. It's formula is different to other liquid lipsticks and can dry patchy if you don't work quick enough. However that can easily be rectified by using a lip liner all over the lips beforehand. It not only gives the colour a little more depth but stops it looking patchy when it dries. This doesn't dry down completely but it does mean it's a little more comfortable to wear. A little more work than the others so I tend to only wear this when I have more time to get ready.

MUA Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Hustle: This is the only shade that resembles a neutral in this lip edit. However it does have stunning plum tones that really shine through once it's dried on the lips. A slightly more dry formula than the other liquid lipsticks featured in this edit, Hustle does require more prep before wear as it can highlight any and all imperfections lips may have. A little lip balm or even a lip scrub beforehand is all that's needed to make this apply like a dream and wear more comfortably on the lips. Beautiful on a multitude of skintones, Hustle is the perfect shade that isn't too much but still gives lip that pop that can be missing with other shades this time of year.

 Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit In Prestige: This year metallic lips are a big thing and I've decided to dip my top into the trend. So instead of going for your standard Christmas Red this year I've decided to try out a metallic red shade instead. I love the Barry M Lip Kits, they're lightweight, comfortable to wear and don't leave lips feeling dry or cracked. Prestige is a deeper red shade than I'd normally wear for the festive season but it's still beautiful. And the metallic element isn't even that in your face, in fact it only shows when the light catches your lips just so. I've worn this briefly around my house but haven't worn it out and about. I am a little nervous but with the right make up and outfit I think it's going to look gorgeous.

Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Sour Grapes: It wouldn't be a lip edit without a Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in there somewhere. As it's turned colder I've found myself reaching for the darker purple and burgundy shades and Sour Grapes from RFA is perfect. It's a deep purple based shade that works wonders on a multitude of skintones. It's creamy formula and sheen finish usually makes this a no go for me but there is something about Rosie's range of lipsticks that breaks all the rules. It doesn't transfer easily, doesn't bleed or slip about and it's comfortable to wear all day long. I love pairing this with tons of mascara and a perfected base for a simple yet eye catching look.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Liptick in Rich Ruby: Now I know I said I would be dipping my toe into a metallic red lip this festive season but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to wear as many different reds as possible. And one of my favourites comes from Maybelline. Rich Ruby is a drugstore dupe for MAC's Russian Red. It's your classic blue toned red shade that compliments every skintone and makes teeth look whiter. It's creamy, comfortable to wear and doesn't budge unless you're chowing down on a greasy ass burger. One of my favourite reds to go for, this doesn't bleed or smudge easily even though it's creamy formula would make you believe it would.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Burgundy Blush: And the last lipstick in this edit is also from Maybelline. From the same range as Rich Ruby, Burgundy Blush is a deep purple toned shade that I've been favouring a lot since the weather took a colder turn. Every time I wear this I can never get over how smoothly this applies or wears. It doesn't transfer easily but doesn't bleed or smudge either. It does require a lip liner to perfect the edges and give a defined finish but apart from that this nothing wrong with this lipstick. I believe this is going to be the only non red shade that I'll be wearing between now and Christmas as it wears so well and suits the gloomy weather that's be recurring of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment