Friday 24 November 2017

New In: November

Okay so this post isn't what I had scheduled but I wasn't feeling that post and was a little stuck on ideas. And then an idea for a series which I will start properly next year. Now I know New In posts and videos aren't a new or groundbreaking idea but I think it'll be a good way to share what's new in stores alongside letting you know if I'll be purchasing them or not. Today's post is a trial, I'd love some feedback whether you liked this or not and if you'd like to see more next year.

Simple Water Boost Skin Quench Sleeping Cream £6.99
 If you remember a little while back I reviewed the Simple Water Boost Hydrating Booster. And I absolutely loved it. And now they've released a Skin Quench Sleeping Cream to the range. Packed full of the same ingredients as the rest of the Water Boost range, this new sleeping cream is designed to hydrate skin and remove signs of fatigue and dehydration as you sleep. I have a pot of this ready to try once I've finished up my Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream, I'm intrigued to see the difference between the two. The full review/comparison won't be up until the new year probably but if you like the concept of this product I highly recommend checking it out.

No7 Instant Results Revitalising Hydrogel Eye Masks £15
 No7 have released Eye Masks and they look amazing. These hydrogel eye masks claim to fit seamlessly to the under area. Soaked in Vitamin E and Vitamin C, these eye masks are designed to reduce the appearence of dark circles whilst promoting healthy looking skin under the eyes. These are a little pricey at £15 but you do recieve five in a box which will keep you going for a while and will save you a little money at the same time. I'm defintely going to be picking up a pack of these when I'm in Boots next as I'm a big fan of an under eye patch and think these could actually work on my under eye area.


CYO Lifeproof Long Lasting Foundation £7.50
This next product was one I didn't even know exsisted until I saw it on the Boots website. I'm assuming CYO is a new brand that's been launched in Boots recently. From what I've seen it's a budget friendly make up brand that has something for everyone, including this Lifeproof Long Lasting Foundation. It's advertised as a long wear medium coverage foundation that can last up to twenty four hours without looking cakey and still feeling lightweight on the skin. There are fifteen shades available but they only really cater towards very fair skintones up to a medium/deep skintone. There are no deeper shades, the darkest shade they offer is 115 which looks like it would cater for the very end scale of medium tones but no deeper than that. A little disappointing considering the amount of fairer tones they. Would I try it? I'm not sure, I have several foundations I'm very happy with at the moment so I think this would be a miss but maybe in the future when I'm looking to try something new.

www.twitter.com/bourjois_uk
Bourjois Metallic Lip Cream £8.99
A newly released lip offering that caught my eye comes from Bourjois. They've joined the other brands in releasing their own Metallic Lip Cream.There are eight shades in the range including a red, a silver and a deeper grey shade. I've swatched them in store and whilst they are pigmented and swatch beautifully, there is something about them that I'm not that keen on. I think it's because they don't dry down at all which to mean spells trouble. I much prefer the Barry M Metallic Matte Me Up Lip Kits or the new Loreal Merry Metallic Lip Paints.

No7 Matte Liquid Lips £10
The last new release that's caught my eye is the No7 Matte Liquid Lips. These look ultra pigmented and easy to apply with their standard doe foot applicator. Advertised as a long wearing yet comfortable and pigmented colour, these liquid lipsticks sound like they could be right up my street. The only downfall is that there is only six shades and whilst a couple of them appeal to me, I have a feeling that the colour won't be a true match to that shown on the Boots website. I will be giving them a swatch though when I'm in Boots next so watch this space to see if any come home with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment