Tuesday 28 November 2017

Review: Simple Sheet Masks

When I saw that Simple had released sheet masks, all three may have just slipped into my basket in Boots. I really wanted to love these masks but they didn't quite meet my expectations.

The first of the three I tried was the Rich Moisture Sheet Mask. Enriched with a complex of botanicals and moisturising ingredients, this mask claimed to boost even the driest of skin's moisture levels. However this mask fell flat from the first hurdle. When I took it out of the packaging, I was impressed to see it was saturated in product but said product then proceeded to drip onto my floor in a steady stream which luckily didn't ruin my carpet. And it didn't get better once it was applied. Most sheet masks fit well to my face but this one did not. It was massive and by massive I mean, the holes cut for the eyes were so wide apart that they actually didn't go anywhere near my eyes. It took a lot of repostioning to get it to sit on my face and even after that it flapped and slid around my face. And where it was so saturated in product it dripped all down my chin and neck which wasn't pleasant to say the least. And the most disappointing bit of it all was after all of the trouble I had applying it and wearing it, it didn't do a lot for my skin. It didn't feel as moisturised/hydrated as I expected it to and I found I needed more night cream than I'd usually go for.

The second mask I tried was the De-Stress Sheet Mask. Enriched with Agave and skin loving vitamins, this mask claims to brighten and soothe stressed/irritated skin. I didn't have high hopes for this when I opened considering the state of the first mask I tried. However I was pleasently surprised. Whilst this one was still saturated in product it didn't drip or stream everywhere and I was able to apply it without product flicking all over my mirror. And this one actually fit my face, the eyes were where they were supposed to be, it wasn't overly large and there wasn't a large amount of excess material that I had to cut to fit my face. What I liked about this mask is that it actually felt and looked like it was doing something. Once I took it off, my skin looked quite soothed, my redness diminshed and it felt quite moisturised and soft to the touch. If I had to repurchase another of these masks it would probably be this one as it's the one I enjoyed the most.

And the last mask in the range is the Pollution Protect Mask. Soaked in Vitamin E, Vitamin B3 and Agave, this mask claims to help reduce the appearence and feel of pollution on the skin. This was another good mask, not results wise but the product in general. It had enough product to coat the mask generously but it didn't drip or flick everywhere. It fit the face well and needed minimal adjustments. Once it was on the face it didn't drip or flap about and I found I could move about freely without worrying about it coming off. The results didn't really impress. My skin felt soft, hydrated and somewhat soothed but I wasn't wowed as I was with the De-Stress mask. I think this mask is best suited for those who live in very busy cities such as London but as someone who lives in a smaller city, I don't think this necessarily works wonders on my skin.

Overall I would say that these masks aren't ones I'd rush out to repurchase. And I'm not making that judgement based on the one mask that was just terrible. The ones that worked were nice but didn't make an impression on me the same way the Garnier and Soap and Glory Sheet Masks did. The ones that did fit the face felt nice but didn't work extreme wonders and the results were pretty much gone the next morning. And at £2.99 a pop I think that as a brand Simple could have put a little more work into them. Sure they've created three masks but one of them seemed a little bit of a waste. Sure people need to be protected from pollution but a sheet mask isn't the product to do that. So instead of that I think Simple could have done with creating a mask aimed at more combination/oily skin types to not only moisturise and mattify but do so without stripping or overloading it with chemicals.

They were nice but definitely not a product I would rush out to buy or would recommend you go rush out and buy. If you can only use Simple Skincare products then sure these would be right up your street but if you can use a good range of brands then I'd suggest giving these a miss and trying something along the lines of the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks or the range of sheet masks from Soap and Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment