Monday 7 May 2018

Anti Haul

As a blogger and a beauty junkie, I'm always on the hunt for the next best thing and with new releases being launched every month, it's hard to define what you actually need to try or what your trying because it's the product of the moment. And at the moment there are a few products I've heard a lot about or am/was thinking of investing in but after a little bit more research, I'm wondering if they're actually worth it. Some of these product I've really wanted to try but what's really put me off is that the brands that make them are hiking up prices and some aren't just a couple of quid. One is nearly a tenner more expensive now and for those who like a bit of luxury but also have to stick to a budget, it's just not feasible to spend the equivalent of a month's food shop on a skincare product.

Loreal Revitalift Laser Renew Anti-Ageing Glycolic Peel Pads £22.49
The first is one I so nearly caved and brought when I first saw them advertised on the Boots website.I am a big fan of any kind of pre soaked glycolic pad. It's my go to choice of acid for exfoliating, retexturising and brightening my skin. It wasn't the 9.6% Glycolic Complex which to be honest I'm doubting it actually has that put me off. What put me off was that you were paying nearly £23 for only 30 pads, which you use daily. Now I know I have some more high end skincare in my collection but honestly £23 a month is not something I could add to my budget, especially I can pay between £8 and £15 for the Nip and Fab pre soaked pads for double the amount of pads and that I know are going to work on my skin. Plus my friend Lauren tried them and says she regrets paying out for them as they've done nothing but dry her skin out.

Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask £16.50
Now this next one I'm a little on the shelf about, especially after reading a few reviews and a piece in a Sunday supplement about it. Lancome have released a hydrogel sheet mask which instantly caught my attention because I love sheet masks and I especially love hydro gel sheet masks. What put me off initially was the price tag for something that would sit on my for face for fifteen/twenty minutes max. However upon reading more about this particular mask, I'm still really intrigued to try it and may just part with some hard earned cash for one. I know this kind of defeats the idea of a anti-haul but it wasn't until I'd started this post did I read a review and go back to sitting on the fence.

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm £47
Now if you've read my blog before you'll know this is one of my ride or die products so you may be shocked to see it in an anti haul post. However it's become a product I don't think I'll be repurchasing in the future due to a price hike which has seen it rise to nearly £50 a pot. And it's a shame, I love this product. It's one of my go to Autumn/Winter cleanser and really works to give my skin a boost when necessary. But to pay £47 for a 100g pot to just wash off my face, with the packaging cracking halfway through use just isn't cool with me. Now it may seem like I'm only worried about paying out when it comes to these products but in reality not all of us can afford to buy an expensive cleanser, alongside an expensive moisturiser, serum and eye cream, without the added cost of masks. And nowadays you can get really brilliant products that work for your skin but at a fraction of the price. In the future I may cave and buy another pot but for now I'm just going to use the travel sized pots I have in my collection and ration them until my skin really needs it.


 Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser With Natural Neroli £42
The Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser With Natural Neroli is a product I received in a goodie bag from a Liz Earle once and I instantly fell in love with it. For my skin it's the perfect Autumn/Winter moisturiser and really helps to hydrate and brighten my skin without weighing it down. And for a while I was quite on board with purchasing a full sized tub. However when I saw the price had jumped and was now £42 a pot, I just couldn't fathom spending that amount of money on a moisturiser when my trusty £7.99 moisturiser from Garnier works just aswell. Now I know that a lot of people believe that you have to pay that little bit extra to get a product that really works but sometimes; especially nowadays, you can easily find similar products that work just as well for a fraction of the price which means the left over money that you've saved can go towards that holiday you had planned or a good day out with family or friends. Maybe if they sold smaller pots I'd be tempted considering it's more of a seasonal product for me but until then I think I'll stick with my Garnier. 

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair £55
Now my final product is one I'm a little torn about. Not because it's a terrible product (it's fantastic) but because it's similar to another I've tried and I'm not sure which ones worth saving my Boots points for. The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Complex is a cult beauty product and I can totally understand the hype. It's worked wonders for my skin when it's been at it's worst but then so has the Lancome Advanced Genifique Concentrate and I'm uncertain of which to purchase the full size of. Or if I should bother to purchase either and save my Boots points for something extra nice for my mum for Christmas this year. As I said they both help my skin when it's at it's worst which as I've gotten older is a lot less, which essentially seems like I'm saving points for something that would barely be used and would probably end up going off, which to me is a waste. If you've tried either then please let me know in the comments if I should continue saving my points and which one I should get, if I get any at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment