Tuesday 1 May 2018

Monthly Favourites: April

                          
Happy May! Today I'm back with my April Favourites and it's going to be a quick one as I only have four beauty favourites and one non beauty favourite to share with you. So let's get started. 

                           
My first favourite and only skincare favourite is the newly released B Vitamin Facial Spray. It's very reminiscent of the Pixi Vitamin Wake Up Mist that I liked but never repurchased. It contains a mixture of Vitamin C, Caffeine and Cucumber extract which all work in conjunction with each other to refresh and awaken skin whilst giving it a healthy glow. It's the perfect morning facial mist but also works well if you're in need of a skin pick me up halfway through the day. I've loved applying this in with my primers to give my skin a boost and have reached for it whenever I'm home doing a quick change before heading out with Jasmin. It's lightweight, doesn't disrupt make up and even though it's scented, it hasn't given me any issues and my skin looks better every time I use it. 

                           
The first of two make up favourites this month is the Make Up Revolution Gast Base Foundation Stick. Before this I had never tried a stick foundation but after having such brilliant results with this, I'm eager to try more. This is a medium to buildable full coverage foundation that covers a multitude of sins whilst still allowing skin to look and feel like skin. It lasts all day long and doesn't break down if your skin becomes oily throughout the day. This has been my go to base this month and paired with my next favourite, it gives me a flawless, long lasting base. 

                        
And the product that works wonders alongside the Fast Base Foundation stick is Make Up Revolution's Conceal And Define Concealer. This isn't an exact dupe of the Tarte Shape Tape but is a pretty good affordable dupe. It's perfect for use under the eyes as well as covering things such as redness and blemishes. I have it in the shade C1 and it's perfect for brightening under the eyes but not appearing too heavy or cakey. Even if I find another foundation to use, I'll still be reaching for this. It's even replaced my beloved Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer. 

                           
And my last "beauty" favourite is something has saved my skin and stopped me from wanting to wear a paper bag in public. Last weekend I used an Exfoliator that I wasn't keen on but hadn't had any problems with. Until the day after I'd used it. My skin was left angry, red as a beetroot and covered in tons upon tons of tiny little bumps. Too say I was pissed is an understatement. I tried putting aloe vera feel on it but it didn't help, in fact it just dried my skin out more. So I reached for the trusty pot of Sudocrem we keep in our house. I wore a thick mask like layer for a whole day and couldn't get over the difference it made to my skin. The redness died down but the bumps remained. I could happily live with that and highly recommend trying this if you ever have a bad reaction to anything. The rest I've left down to Glycolic Acid and I can happily say that my skin is back to its normal self. 

                              
And my only non beauty favourite of the month is a music favourite. After a break, Carrie Underwood is back with a new single. I was a little apprehensive as I thought she couldn't top any of the songs from her Storyteller album but she has outdone herself this time. Her new single Cry Pretty is a powerful song packed full of power notes that Underwood hits flawlessly and the underlying message is relatable to all who listen to it. If Cry Pretty is anything to go by, her recently announced upcoming album due for release in September is going to be her best work to date. If you hsvent listened to Cry Pretty then I highly recommend you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment