Monday 14 May 2018

GRWM: Night Out At Strictly

                                          
On Saturday me and my mumma went to The Hexagon to watch Strictly Come Dancing professionals Ian Waite and Oti Mabuse's show Rhythm Of The Night. I had spent ages putting together an outfit and make up look but had to make a couple of last minute changes due to the fact that the one day we wanted it to be nice, it started pouring with rain as we got ready. However it didn't take away from the night and we had a fantastic time. So today I'm sharing with you all the products that I used to create this look as well as a couple of pieces I used to accessorise my outfit. 

                           
Primer
I spent all of Saturday fighting a headache from hell but it didn't stop me prepping my skin before we went out. For that I used the Garnier Moisture Bomb Rebalancing Tissue Mask followed by the Rodial Dragon's Blood Under Eye Patches. It gave me the perfect canvas for make up and I was totally surprised with how good my skin looked. To start my base I went in with my age old favourite primer duo. I spritzed my face generously with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water and followed it up with the Maybelline SuperStay Primer. The pair leave my skin feeling ultra hydrated but leave a tackiness behind that just adheres my foundation to my skin. 

                           
Colour Corrector 
Even with the assistance of the Rodial Under Eye Patches, I still felt that my under eye area needed something more. So I dotted some of the Collection Lasting Perfection Colour Corrector in Lemon where it was darkest and blended it out with my finger. I find using my finger the best for products like this as it can really warm the product up which makes it blend into the skin better than if you blended it in with a brush. 

                             
Foundation 
Normally on nights out I would reach for a high coverage foundation but because I'd spent the last week really looking after my skin so it looked as good as possible, I could reach for something a little more medium coverage. And for that I chose the Rosie For Autograph Amazing Skin Secret Foundation. It's a medium coverage foundation that covers but still looks healthy and skin like. I only applied a thin layer and bopped it in with a damp beauty blender and whilst this normally looks good on my skin, this time it looked even better and I couldn't believe it.

                             
Concealer
Now it's concealer time and three may seem like a lot to use at once but this trio of concealers have changed how my under eye area looks without appearing too heavy or cakey. I start with a thin layer of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer. Then I dot two-three small dots of the Make Up Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer over top. And the last thing I add before I blend it all out is a triangle of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Then finally I blend them all out with my damp beauty blender and whilst it sounds like it will sit heavily on the skin, it in fact doesn't. It leaves my under eye area looking flawless but not weighed down and because I used a beauty blender to blend it out, any excess product was soaked up so only what I needed was actually blended out. Sounds like a lot but worth it for now it makes my under eye area look. 

                           
Powder
There are times I don't like setting my base because it can sometimes make my make up look heavy but because I wanted it to last the whole evening I set everything with a loose powder. And my favourite loose powder of the moment is the MUA Ultra-Fine Loose Setting Powder. I popped a generous amount into the cap and dabbed my damp beauty blender into it; I don't know why it took me so long to cotton onto this, and pressed it gently under the eyes. Not only does it help stop creasing, it also stops my under eye area from looking too powdery. I then again used my beauty blender to set the rest of my face and I seriously can not get over how good it sets my make up and how well it works with pretty much all my base products. 

                          
Brows 
Now can I just ask you to excuse how untidy and unruly my brows look. Me and my brow girl had to rearrange my appointment. As you read this, I'll either be counting down the hours to my appointment or will be staring at my freshly waxed and tinted brows in every reflective surface in the house. However they were looking a bit sparse so I went in with a little bit of the Benefit Gimme Brow to add a slight tint and to brush them into some sort of shape. 

                            
Lashes 
For my lashes I wanted them to look big, voluminous and defined but not clumpy or weighed down in product. So to start with I curled my lashes a couple of times do my lashes really had some lift to them. I then primed them so that the curl and definition would last with a coat of the Lash Sensational Lash Primer. Then for mascara I went in with one I rediscovered recently and have fallen in love with all over again. One coat of the Maxfactor Clump Defy Mascara is enough to give lashes everything I want them to have. Curled, defined, voluminous, this mascara works wonders and even after a good eight hours later, my lashes still hadn't drooped. To say I was sad to remove my make up Saturday night is an understatement. 

                            
Lips 
Now I originally planned on wearing a rather bright pair of shoes and for the longest time I was stuck on what lip colour to pair with it. Until I swatched the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Seductress. And then it was neutral lips all the way. I started off with the MUA Lip Liner in Caramel to even out my lips and create a defined edge for the lip colour. I then applied a thin coat of the SuperStay Matte Ink and let that dry down as much as it was going to. I chose this particular product because we went out to eat before hand and I knew that it wouldn't transfer or disappear completely. And it didn't. However I found I did need to dab a little bit of the Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Lady Rose over the top to even everything out, both before we left and after we ate. However my lip still looked flawless when I got home and I again wished that we had been out for longer. 

                            
Shoes 
Now I did just say that I had brought a pair of brightly coloured shoes to wear and these certainly aren't those. The shoes I originally planned on wearing were a beautiful pair of lemon open toe sandals with a block heel. However as we were getting ready, it started to rain and I was forced to rethink my shoe choice. So going off the hardware off my bag, I went for these Primark boots which remind me a lot of the Chloe boots that every seemed to be wearing during the Autumn. These had a small heel which was perfect for the evening and paired with my slightly monochromatic outfit, they went well. 

                           
Bag 
I had a perfectly good bag for nights out but when I saw this in Primark I just had to buy it. It's a very structured small box bag that has a slight Chanel vibe to it. It has a flick switch opening and a long handle with gold chain hardware. It was just enough to hold a small purse with some cash in it, my lipstick and a compact mirror. It only cost a tenner and I know I'm going to get a lot more wear out of it before the years out. 

                            
Fragrance 
And just before we left I doused my self in several perfumes which when mixed make the perfect combination. The first I went in with is the Rosie For Autograph Rose Gold EDP. It has a warmth to it that grows as the perfume warms on your skin. It's stunning on its own but when paired with both the Elizabeth And James Nirvana Black and Nirvana Bourbon becomes even better. They have a slightly more masculine scent to them that when mixed with warmth of Rose Gold, gives it a sensuality that makes me feel like a strong confident, good smelling woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment