Wednesday 2 May 2018

Beauty Declutter

                       
If you follow me on Instagram then you'll know this weekend that I did a massive beauty purge. I filled up an entire bag of products that I didn't want or that didn't/wouldn't work for me, that I'm working on donating to a local women's charity. However there were a few products that weren't suitable to be donated so I thought I'd share them with you before chucking them out. 

                         
There was only a couple of skincare items I'm throwing away. The first is this Clearly Youthful Resurfacing Night Serum. I loved this serum at one point but then one bottle was just full of little plastic bits that scratched my skin. And if that wasn't enough to put me off, when I looked inside these boxes, they've clearky gone off. Both bottles are yellow in colour and the product has separated in the bottles. I hadn't used this product in ages so throwing them out isn't going to create a gap in my routine at all. 

                           
The other skincare product I'm throwing out is the Nivea Express Hydration Primer. I brought this on a whim to use under my make up but it didn't work so it just went to the back of the cupboard. And now it's been sat there that long, it would be unhygienic to use, even if it did work. Again because it hasn't been a part of any of my routines, it's not a loss to get rid of it. 

                            
Going through all my old foundations made me really question what the hell I was thinking. A lot of them were empty but all of them looked a good two shades two dark for me. I can't believe I happily wore those out in public. This one I thought I could try and make work but was horribly wrong so it's got to go. This is the Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation. I remember when this first came out and how impressed by the look and feel of it on my skin. But it's clearly too dark for me (just call me Casper) and has separated in the tub, so it's bye bye to this. Let's just all be thankful that I've finally learnt how to match my foundation properly. 

                           
There are two concealers I'm getting rid of. The first is the Gosh CCC Concealer. This actually matched my skin tone but was really piss poor when it came to coverage and staying power. I never reach for it so I don't see the point of keeping it. The second is the Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer. What on Earth possessed me to buy this shade. It's clearly too dark for me and from what I remember from using it, is that it doesn't do a lot coverage wise and just sits heavily on the skin. Again it makes me feel grateful that I finally learned how to choose the right products for my skin. 

                      
Two colour Correctors I'm getting rid of come from Maxfactor. I remember ordering these especially from Boots when they were first released. I wish I'd never bothered, these are thick, heavy textured products that drag on the skin and do little to correct skins tone. These are also about three years old so I think it's best if we just parted ways. If you want a decent colour corrector, I'd recommend trying out the Collection Lasting Perfection Colour Correctors. 

                              
The Rimmel Clear Complexion Pressed Powder used to be a staple in my everyday make up routine. Now though I much prefer loose powders, especially those that are transparent and can't be detected on the skin. This now has too much colour to it for me to wear. Plus for hygiene reasons, it's probably bests that this goes in the bin. 
           
                            
I'm throwing not one but three mascaras. I'm always cautious when it comes to products that come into contact with my eyes so even though I like one of these mascaras, it's for the best that chuck it out. The first is the Bourjois Volume 1 Second mascara. I remember using for the sake of using it when I first brought it but the brush was way too big and caused more mascara to land on my eyelid than my lashes. It's pretty ancient so it's for the best that it goes. The second is the Barry M Showgirl Mascara. The bristles on this particular wand are just way to spiky and I ended up poking them in my eye more times than not. And because it's been opened, I'm just going to throw it away instead of donating purely for hygiene reasons. And the last one is pretty much finished but one I'd completely forgotten about. The Pur Volume Vixen featured in a beauty advent calender one year and I absolutely loved it. I loved it that much that I used it all up but because it was so small in size, it got lost in my collection before I could feature it in an empties or just chuck it away. 

                             
Another eye product I'm throwing just to be on the cautious side is the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner. I don't wear eye liner but I did try this product when I received it to see if it would be the product the worked for me but alas it didn't. That being said, it felt like it could be a nice product, just that didn't work for me. If it had been in an uopened cellophane wrap, I may have considered donating it but because I've opened and used it, it's just gotta go in the bin. 

                             
I remember spending ages looking for the perfect lip scrub and then finding two, that after a couple of uses just sat forgotten about in my collection. And now they've both gone off and I'm back to square one when it comes to lip scrub. The first is the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. This worked well on my lips but it tasted horrible and I always ended up with it in my mouth no matter hard I tried not to. The second is the Body Shop Lip Scrub. I wish this one was still okay to use (it's not) as it worked wonders on my lips, didn't taste of much and didn't end up in my mouth even after I'd wiped it off. I'll probably have to repurchase The Body Shop lip scrub as I am actually in need of one at the moment. 

                              
Two lipsticks that I'm bidding adieu to are the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 38 and the Revlon Ultra HD lipstick in Peony. Both are colours that just don't suit me, even when I've tried to mix them with other shades. Plus I've lost track of how long they've been sitting in my collection, so I don't feel comfortable donating them, even though they've barely been used. 

                                
A liquid lipstick I'm throwing away is the Loreal Infallible Lipstick in 503. It's a stunning colour, actually the kind of colour I'm looking for at the moment. But when it's held up to the light you can see that it has a shimmer run through it, that would definitely show when your wearing it. I'd have cleaned it up and donated it but when I opened it, it had started to dry out and looked like something even I wouldn't be happy to out on my lips so I wouldn't expect anyone else to either. 

                         
And the last thing I'm throwing out is something that should have gone ages ago. The Loreal Infallible Setting Mist is just a heap of crap and that's putting it nicely. It would probably have potential to be a nice product if it didn't have that white sediment that settles at the bottom no matter how much you shake it and then appears like little blobs of dried toothpaste on your face. If you're looking for a good setting spray I'd highly recommend checking out the Maybelline SuperStay Setting Spray or the Collection Primed And Ready Make Up Fixing Mist. Both lock make up into place but won't leave those horrible white dots on your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment