Monday 28 May 2018

Monthly Favourites: May

                         
Welcome back to another monthly favourites. May has been a weird month. I've not really tried out a lot of new products after my reaction last month but it does mean I've managed to rediscover a few old products that I've fallen in love with all over again.


                         
The first thing I rediscovered this month was the Nivea Creme Care Cleansing Wash. I remember buying this a little while ago and not really thinking much of it. But back at the beginning of the month when I did my massive beauty clear out, I rediscovered it and gave it one last chance. And I'm so glad I did. It's the perfect morning or second cleanse. It's lightweight, cleanses skin without stripping and it hasn't broken me out even with it's slight hint of fragrance. I've loved this for the days when I'm not wearing make up as it refreshes as it cleanses and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple to the touch. Plus it smells absolutely divine, think that classic Nivea Creme scent and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.


                                                  The second rediscovery of the month again comes from my beauty declutter. I remember absolutely adoring the Gosh Foundation Drops when I first tried them but for some reason I had put them aside to gather dust. Well not anymore. The majority of the month this has been my go to base product and I can remember why I loved these so much the first time around. It's a very light texture foundation that can be built up from sheer to full coverage by just adding more drops. It matches my complexion perfectly and doesn't oxidise or break up on my face as I wear it. It almost gives skin an airbrushed finish whilst still looking like skin as contradictory as that sounds. It's definitely in my top three Summer bases.

                         
Whilst we're talking make up, a powder I've been loving this month comes from MUA. Their Ultra Fine Loose Setting Powder has really changed the longevity of my make up. It's lightweight on the skin, doesn't cake or gather in pores or lines and has stopped me turning into a sweaty looking mess as the weather's turned warmer. I love applying this both under the eye as well as anywhere else it's needed with a damp beauty blender. It not only helps keep everything in place longer but it also stops it from gathering and making it look like your base products are breaking apart on your skin. Plus it makes it a lot easier to touch up as you don't need to worry about it weighing skin down.

                         
The only lip product I've been loving this month comes from Maybelline. It's another shade of their SuperStay Matte Inks, possibly one of my favourite lip formulas on the market at the moment. The shade is Seductress and it's a nude that would look almost like I was wearing concealer on my lips but there's a hidden warmth that you don't see until you apply it that stops it from looking like that. And that warmth means it suits my fairer complexion well but I can imagine it looking beautiful on medium to deeper skin tones as well. It has matte in the title but doesn't dry down to the standard powder matte texture. It keeps an almost tacky feeling but it doesn't transfer or dry the lips while still keeping a highly pigmented, saturated colour.

                         
A hair product I've been loving this month comes from the new Loreal Dream Lengths range. Their No Haircut Cream has really helped how the lengths and ends of my hair look and feel. It contains a range of ingredients including Caster Oil to help smooth, strengthen and nourish the look of the lengths and ends of my hair. It also claims to help with the appearence of split ends but I still believe a good hair cut is the only way to deal with those. However it's changed how my hair looks and feels which in turn has helped when it's come to styling it and for that I'm grateful as I was getting ready to just chop it all off but now whilst I still need a trim, I don't want to go for a drastic chop that I'd ultimately regret.

At the beginning of the month I went to watch what was possibly my favourite film of the year so far. Avengers Infinity War was finally released and I couldn't wait to see it. However I did not comprehend how shook I was going to be when I left the cinema and I don't use that term lightly. I was that shook that the bag of snacks I had with me went uneaten as I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I'm not going to go into vivid detail as I know pretty much everyone has seen the movie but I am going to say from the get go I was on the edge of my seat, covering my face with whatever was closest, sweatshirt, hand, even my best friends hand. We were shocked by what we'd watched and both can't wait to see what Avengers 4 has to offer when it's released next year. What I will say though is that I've never known a cinema screen so quiet as the film finished and we waited for the important post credit scenes.

 And my last favourite is one I never expected to like but now I'm hooked. During the last weeks of April and the beginning of May I tried several different milk options to go in with my coffee to see if it would help stop me getting headaches whenever I drank it. However both oat milk and soya milk didn't agree with me so I thought I'd just have to stick with dairy and limit myself to the amount I drank. Until I was watching an Allana Davison vlog and she was drinking this very delicious looking dairy free coffee. And it was the Califia XX Espresson Cold Brew Coffee With Almond Milk. I thought why not give it a go and I'm so glad I did. Not only does this not upset my stomach but it tastes delicious, gives me a good old caffeine boost but without the headaches. Sure it's a little pricey for coffee but it's worth it when I drink it two/three days in a row and now get a pounding headache afterwards. The mocha variation is just as delicious as well and I currently have two bottles chilling in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment