Thursday 9 July 2015

Everyday Evening Skincare Routine

A few weeks back I showed you my morning skincare routine and thought it time to show you my evening skincare routine. There are more products in the evening as I'm always removing some sort of make up.

For the first step of my evening skincare routine I use either of these products depending on how much make up I'm wearing. For the last few months my favourite make up remover has been the Vitamin E Cleasning Oil, a brilliant dual phase oil that removes all traces of make up including mascara but without leaving skin feeling greasy. Also in the last couple of weeks I've been using The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Butter and really loving the results. I love the consistency of this on my skin and how it breaks my make up down. It isn't harsh on my skin and leaves it feeling soft after every use.

After I do my intial cleanse with either my balm or oil I always go in again with this Simple Micellar Water. This is the only micellar water on the market at the moment that agrees with my skin. It doesn't do anything fancier than clean my skin and remove any make up I've missed and that's exactly what I want from product like this. Fragrance free and gentle on the eyes this is brilliant to use both in the morning and evening when I feel like my skin needs a refresh.

Once all my base make up is gone I use some of the Loreal Eye And Lip Make Up Remover to remove any leftover mascara. This is a brilliant duo phase product that removes all traces of mascara and even stubborn lipsticks. It does have a slight oily feeling to it when used but it doesn't leave a nasty residue on the skin.

After all my make up is gone and my face is screaming out for moisture I start the second phase of my evening routine with my Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist. This is my skin saviour after a long day at work. A few spritz go a long way and leave my skin feeling refreshed and ready for any moisturiser I'm putting on.

Now my skin is cleaned and refreshed I go in with my Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum. I know it's a day serum but on the back it says it can be used in the evening as well. It's only recently I've added this to my evening routine but my skin is already thanking me. It gives my skin that moisture boost that it so desperately needs by now. Two pumps does my entire face and I can feel my skin drinking this in as soon as I've put it on.

Now this step is one I find myself forgetting sometimes. This was actually recommended to me by my mum and I'm so glad I listened to her. The Olay Firm and Lift Eye Gel is a clear gel that is soothing on the eyes as well as hydrating. I usually have really bad dark circles but since I've been using this and another product I've found that they have gone down a lot. A little goes a long way and makes my tired eyes feel refreshed.

Next up is my Clearly Youthful Resurfacing Night Serum. I literally adore the Clearly Youthful range, both their day and night serums are hydrating and refreshing on the skin. I like the night one especially for when I have a few blemishes on my skin as it contains salicylic acid which helps take down any redness my blemishes have. A lot of you may wonder why I use two serums when my day serum gives me the hydration I need but the Resurfacing Night Serum does exactly what it says on the packet. Any texture on my skin at night time is gone by the morning and any redness I have is diminished.

And now for my final step. After what may seem like forever but is actually about twenty minutes I go in with my favourite skin product ever. The Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream has not only changed how I look at my skincare routine but also how I look at my skin. Any issues that I have with my skin such as dark circles, redness or any sallowness is practically gone by the morning and it's all to do with this cream. It's a thick texture which I advise really rubbing into the skin so you don't stick to your pillowcases but the results are beyond amazing. I wrote a full length review on it here.

And that's it for my evening skincare routine. Any recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment