Thursday 16 July 2015

Summer Lip Edit

The sun is shining more often here in the UK and the summer clothes are coming out as well so I thought it was time to bring out my summer lipsticks as well. Today I'm going to run you through my top 5 summer lipsticks.

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Sweet Pea
My first go to summer lipstick is a slightly brighter version of one that featured in my Spring Lip Edit. What I consider to be a bubblegum blue toned pink this lipstick can be worn by pretty much everyone. And it can be worn either sheer and light or opaque and bright. I personally prefer to wear this patted gently onto the lips. It's not because I don't like the colour when opaque but I find it lasts longer patted onto my lips. It's creamy, hydrating and gives a beautiful pop of colour to any look.

Bourjois Rogue Edition Velvet in Pink Pong 
This is a favourite from last summer and I've been counting down the days until it was acceptable to break it out again. It's another blue toned pink that suits even the fairest of skintones and makes teeth look that little bit whiter. It comes in a liquid form that dries down to what could be considered a powder finish. It can be a bit drying for a matte finish but does last practically the whole day and can be quite hard to remove at the end of the day.

MAC Retro Matte In Ruby Woo
When I was looking through my collection for this post I almost overlooked this lipstick. I always just reach for a bright pink during the summer but when I swatched this I realised that this was my perfect summertime red. With my skintone this looks a lot more like a orangey/tomato red where as Russian Red looks like a classic red on me. I've found myself reaching for this more over the last few weeks when I've wanted a red lip instead of the darker more wintery reds I own. With what I consider an extra matte finish Ruby Woo is the perfect lipstick to last all day but can be very drying on the lips, especially if reapplying is necessary. As much as I love this I highly recommend you keep a lip balm at hand when you take it off.

 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries In The Snow 
While this may look red in the bullet it actually goes onto lips as a beautiful raspberry shade that while still bright isn't as noticable as the Bourjois Pink. This lipstick is the one sheen finish lipstick that I willing wear for my slightly longer days at work. When applied it leaves a nice sheen to the lips but unlike others it doesn't wear away as quickly. It can be a few good hours before I have to reapply and even then there is still a decent amount of colour left on my lips. It doesn't dry lips out, doesn't wear away unevenly and can even be worn over the top of lip balm without going streaky.

Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Punch Drunk 
This is actually my latest edition to my summer lip collection. It's perfect for people looking for a pink lip but don't want a barbie pink or a neon pink. It has a purple tone when in the bullet but when on the lips it has a slightly dulled down raspberry colour to it. There more of what I call a satin finish than a matte. It does transfer and require reapplication after a few hours. I'd like to say that this doesn't dry lips out because it's not what I call a true matte finish it does dry lips out and some product can ball up on dry patches. However if you're lips are scrubbed and moisturised then you won't have problems with it and it makes the perfect alternative to a brighter summer pink or even a red.

Have you tried any of these? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment