Sunday 5 July 2015

Make Up Haul 2

I've been really restrained about buying make up lately. However today I went a little bit made in Boots, Superdrug and Primark so I thought I'd haul it all on here for you.

 Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask
I brought two of these travel sachets because my full size tube is running out and none of my local Boots have any in stock. This is my favourite face mask of all time as it really does what it says it does. I use it when I really wanna draw all the crap out of my skin and love the way it leaves my skin feeling super soft.

Rimmel Radiance BB Cream in Light
I had a sample of this in my sample box and thought I'd give it a go now the weather's gotten hotter. I really like the results so I went out and purchased a full size tube. For a BB Cream it gives a nice coverage and really does leave skin feeling radiant. It blends seamlessly on the skin and comes with an SPF of 20.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer 
This is another purchase made after trying a sample first. With the hot weather we've had lately I found a need for a primer when I've worn make up. I really liked this when I tried it, it made my make last all day long and didn't create any weird balls or texture on my skin. I think it's because it's a cream primer instead of a silicone primer. Another good cream primer to try is the Maxfactor Facefinity All Day Primer.

Barry  Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer
I've had my eye on this for a few weeks and kept forgetting to pick up when I was near a Barry M stand. Yet today I remembered to pick it up and after spending about ten minutes deciding on the shade I went for 2 Nude. I popped some under my eyes when I got home and found it to be very lightweight on the skin and easy to blend. It reminds me a lot of the new Urban Decay Naked Concealer but I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it.

Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint in Make Me Teal
This is a colour I've had my eye on for a while after my mum got a manicure done with it. I finally picked it up to add to my never ending Barry M collection. This beautiful teal shade looks more blue in the photo than it does in real life but goes on nails a beautiful green hue. I've reviewed the top coat and another colour here if you want a more detailed description.

Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Matte Lipstick in Pom Pom
This is another product that I've been looking at for a few weeks but finally bit the bullet and brought it today. Usually a girl who goes for reds and deep berry tones I've been trying to incoporate more pink tones into my lipstick collection. And this fits in perfectly, it's a deeper pink than most with a slight brown undertone but it's not got a hint of berry tone in it. I'll probably review this if I really like it.

2True Matte Lipstick in Shade 3
Another lipstick I picked up today on my hunt for more pink toned lipsticks was this one. It's slightly less brown toned than the Soap and Glory one but still has that nice pink tone to it. I was a little annoyed to get it home and find a slight scuff to the top even though it'd been sellotaped shut. It was slightly cheaper than other products I brought today so I'm not too worried if I don't like it.

P.S. Love Matte Long Lasting Lipstick
After hearing Khila from MsBudgetBeauty rave about Primark's make up range I thought I'd give it a go. I obviously went for the only matte formula lipstick they had and have been happily surprised when I opened it. From the colour at the end I thought it would be a bright almost barbie like pink but when I opened it I found it to be a more mid toned pink that will probably suit my skin tone better. I will definitely be reviewing this once I've given it a go.

P.S. Love Lip Liner Pencil 
I picked up two of these lip liners after hearing about them from Khila. My local Primark only had two shades, one which is a mid toned pink and the other which is a standard red. When swatched these gave a nice colour pay off and glided nicely on the skin. The mid toned pink on me looks a little more browny but it still wears nicely on my lips. The red I haven't tried on but know it will go brilliantly under my massive collection of red lipsticks.

Superdrug Blending Brush 
This is a product I do regret buying and wish I had picked up a slightly more expensive version instead. It's basically a flat oval ended brush that is perfect for blending out eye shadow and concealer. It's soft and will probably work in the way I want it but I do think I should have opted for the Real Techniques version.

That's it for this haul. I don't think that there will be another one of this magnitude for a while but you never know when I'm left alone in an make up aisle. Have any of you tried these products? Do you have recommendations? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment