Monday 20 July 2015

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick Review And Dupe

When it comes to make up I'm not someone who purchases a lot of high end make up but always make an exception when it comes to lipstick. However I still take a good couple of weeks to make my mind up on whether I actually want to buy the product. I did that with this lipstick from Smashbox and I'm so glad I kept going back to look at it.

It's one of the Be Legendary Matte Lipsticks, a small collection of matte finish lipsticks that come in a stunning matte black packaging. I picked up the shade Punch Drunk, a stunning deep raspberry shade. It swatched more of a berry tone in the shop but when on the lips is a stunning yet bright raspberry shade that is perfect for people who want to dip their toe into pinkier shades but don't want to go for bright hot pinks.

It has a very creamy texture which makes it a dream to apply to lips and doesn't go streaky if you go over it repeatedly. When it's first applied there is a slight sheen finish to it but after a few minutes it dries down to more of a satin finish than a matte finish. It's one thing that lets this product down. While the satin finish is comfortable to wear it doesn't last as long as other matte lipsticks I own and even though it's not a true matte finish is quite drying on the lips. I would recommend maybe popping a light layer of lip balm on before applying this.

 And now onto the exciting bit that I stumbled onto the other day without realising it. If you like the look of the Smashbox Be Legendary Collection but don't want to part with £16 then Soap and Glory do an excellent dupe for a good £5 cheaper. It's one of Soap and Glory's Matte Lipsticks in the shade Pom Pom. It is a more brown toned version of the Smashbox lipstick but still translates onto the lips as a deep raspberry shade. It has a creamy texture that makes application easier than most matte lipsticks and dries down to an actual matte finish. Whilst there is a slight bit of transfer Pom Pom last longer on the lips than Punch Drunk and doesn't dry lips out.

If you're looking for a raspberry shade to try out or you just don't want to go down the hot pink road I highly recommend you check both of these lipsticks out. If the Smashbox Liptick isn't your cup of tea because of the price and the finish, the Soap and Glory one maybe the one for you. I love both of these lipsticks and will happily wear them continuously but if I had known that they were practically the same when I was looking at them in Boots I would have more than likely just gone for the Soap and Glory one.

Have you tried either of these? Do you know any lipsticks that are similar? If so let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment