Monday 27 July 2015

July Favourites

It's the end of the month and you know what that means. It's July Favourites time! This month I've found it really hard to pick my beauty favourites. It's not because I haven't tried new products that have made me go wow but I haven't stuck to using just one thing for the whole month.

My first new find of the month was this Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Lotion. I spied this in one of Caroline Hirons' videos and knew I had to have it. If anyone can remember the smell of those chocolate lime sweets that were around in the 90s then this is exactly what it smells like. I've always been a big fan of the original Soap and Glory scent but I've been converted. This is slightly thinner in formula than the body butter in the tub but still does an amazing job of moisturising skin without leaving it tacky. I wack a liberal amount all over both morning and evening and my skin has never felt so soft before. Definitely one to give a smell next time your in Boots.

My next favourite of the month is a purchase I made after hearing Khila from msbudgetbeauty rave about it. It is the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk. I was a bit apprehensive to try this as she had said it made skin tingle and I can have sensitive skin occasionally. However I've been pleasently surprised. This is a very thin consistency but really works on the skin to break down my make up. A few pumps removes everything and leaves my skin feeling soft and ready for the rest of my evening routine. While it doesn't tingle on my skin it does leave it feeling tighter than normal which is a feeling I quite enjoy.

This is another new purchase for the month. I've never been one for lip liners having never really had a problem with my lipsticks bleeding or feathering but I've been trying to get into them a bit more. I've already got Eastend Snob but wanted to try a few more. I also wanted to try some make up from Primark so it was a win win situation. This red lip liner from Primark is easy to use, a perfect match for a lot of lipsticks and is quite a sturdy product for the price. I've been pairing this with MAC's Russian Red so that my lips look more defined than normal. It can be kinda drying to wear under a matte lipstick but found that as long as I have lipbalm on it doesn't become too much of a problem.

This favourites is an old favourite that I've actually had to repurchase this month. This is my holy grail face mask and I lost count of the amount of people I've recommended it to. Not one of the best smelling masks out there but it is one of the most effective. I've loved smothering this all over my face once a week to give my skin some loving after a week of work. It warms to my skin as soon as I apply it and leaves my skin feeling super soft after I rinse it off. A few days afterwards my skin kicks out any crap it may have lurking about but my skin always feels ten times better afterwards.


My last beauty favourite of the month is one that I've been meaning to get my hands on for a while but hadn't gotten round to. The Lasting Finish Primer from Rimmel has hands down beaten any other primer I own. More of a cream formula than most it smooths gently onto the skin and doesn't break down or ball as I apply it. It makes my make up last longer than it normally would which is brilliant because I work in quite a humid place. At the moment I'm teaming it with my Revlon Colourstay foundation and love that my make up still looks as fresh at night as it did in the morning.

My random favourite for the month has to be Strike Back. If you've never heard of Strike Back it's a action/military based tv show that centers around a British Intelligence Team called Section 20. I know it's probably not what most of you would chose to watch but if you love action and nail biting cliffhangers than I highly recommend you check it out. There are four seasons in total and I'm hurtling towards the 4th and final at quite a speed. It's an adrenaline packed show that I can't just watch one episode of, I have to watch two or three at a time.

So that's it for my monthly favourites. Are any of yours the same of mine? Do you have any product recommendations? Let me know in the comments if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment