Saturday 11 July 2015

Product Empties #2

I've only recently done a product empties post but lately everything has run out at once. So I thought I'd let you in on what I've finished and what I thought of them.

Clearly Youthful Resurfacing Night Serum 
This is something I haven't completely finished but the design of the packaging makes it practically impossible to finish it. This is my daily night serum and I've lost count of what bottle this is. A thick consistency this contains both AHA and BHA acids which are brilliant for retexturising the skin and removing any blemishes or redness. I like the pipette applicator as it helps give an even amount of product with each use but I dislike the fact that once you get to a certain point you can't get the rest of the product out. I already have about 2 more of these backed up in my drawers.

 Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum
I've actually gone through two of these since my last empties post. Not only because I love it but because I've added this to my evening routine as well as my morning routine. It contains all the same ingredients as the retexturising night serum but contains more hyaluronic acid. This gives a brilliant boost of hydration to skin no matter what time of the day. I love popping this onto my face after a cleanse and face mask as I can really feel my skin drinking it up. The only off putting thing about this product is the smell but once you get past that it's brilliant product that I have back ups waiting to use.

Superdrug Cotton Pads and Boots Cotton Pads
I go through a lot of cotton pads. And I use a variety of them. The Boots Cotton Pads I used on my face for my morning cleanse and my second cleanse at night. They're lot a softer on my skin than the Superdrug ones and don't fall apart as I'm using them. The My Little Star Cotton Pads are ultra soft and perfect for removing my make up at night. They can hold a lot of product and cover my face in a shorter period of time. They don't irritate my skin and don't malt as I use them either. However the adult Superdrug Cotton Pads are really rough and irritate my skin if I use them to cleanse my face. Yet they make brilliant pads for removing my nail polish and I go through a good two to three packs of them a month.

Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist
This a product that I've mentioned in a few of my recent posts as it's become a summer essential for me. This is what some people would dub fancy water but is really a mist that both moisturises and refreshes the face. It smells divine and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed after a few spritz. When the UK had their mini heatwave a couple of weeks back it was a saviour to me. I found myself spraying this all over my face two to three times a day as well as during my daily skincare routines. It sounds silly but my skin feels softer after every use and my serums and moisturiser sink quicker into the skin than they did before.

 Primark PS Love Powder Brush
RIP my Primark Powder Brush. I'd love to give you an epic tale of how it broke but in reality it just snapped on half one day when I was tapping off any excess powder. I was quite sad when this broke as I really liked this brush. It was soft, didn't malt and didn't put too much product on the skin and only cost a quid. I repurchased another one immediately because no other brush in my collection put my powder on like this did.

Superdrug Deep Action Pore Cleansing Nose Strips
I have something to admit. I'm one of those people that find these tiny nose strips fascinating beyond belief. These are just like any other out on the market. Stick them to your nose, wait five to ten minutes and then peel it gently off to see what nasties you've pulled out of your skin. I find myself using two of these a week as I have quite prominent blackheads on my nose but it does mean I go through these quicker than I should. And that's the only downside to this product, you only get 4 or 5 in a pack and at the rate I use them they only last a couple weeks.


Imperial Leather Paradise Island Bath Cream
This is my favourite bubble bath ever and I've lost count of how many bottles me and my mum have gone through. It smells like peach and vanilla and while I'm not a big fan of vanilla scents usually this really gets me because you can't even tell there's vanilla in there, the peach is so overpowering. It doesn't fill your bath with tons of bubbles but there is an adequate amount. Yet it really is just the scent that gets me with this product, it lingers in the bathroom long after you've pulled the plug. I find myself using twice as much as I need as I just can't get enough of the scent.

B Energised Eye Cream
This is my go to eye cream because it's the only one I've actually seen results from. It's that good I've actually got my mum and best friend hooked on it as well. More a gel like formula than a cream this is ultra awakening and refreshing on the under eye area. If you're looking for a more indepth review, I posted one a little while ago here. My only problem with this product is that towards the end it can go kind of watery and spits out onto your finger when applying it however a few shakes before use and it's as good as new.

 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley- Rosie For Autograph Eau De Parfum 
This is the one product I hung onto for as long as possible because I just didn't want to finish it. That and I didn't have a back up of it. Now though I do have a back up and I've finally finished my first bottle of Rosie's debut perfume for Marks And Spencer's. A strong floral scent I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I do. In fact this is the fastest I've ever gone through a bottle of perfume. It has a brilliant staying power and makes me feel more classy and elegant everytime I wear it.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? Did you finish them? Let me know in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment