Sunday 26 July 2015

Make Up And Skincare Haul

As I do most Saturdays I popped into town to have a look round the shops and end up doing annihilating my bank balance. Today I picked up a few pieces that I was uber happy with so I thought I'd share them with you.

The first thing I picked up today which made me extremely happy was this little decorative mirror from Primark. I always have a look around the homeware section when I'm in there as they always have cute little trinkets. This mirror has an Audrey Hepburn quote written on it and that's what sold it for me. I love Audrey Hepburn and her era so I knew it would fit perfectly in my room. It has a more expensive look to it than it actually was and I can't wait to hang this on the wall in my bedroom.

My next purchase may be heading into the TMI department but I thought I'd share it anyway. I've had my eye on this Gilette Multi Blade pack for a while and luckily for me it was reduced in Superdrug this week. I needed a new razor and this one in my eyes is a money saver. You get one Venus handle and a choice of three heads. I've already tried the Olay head before and loved it so I'm intrigued to see what the others are like.

The next few purchases weren't exactly exciting but were necessary. The first of these is hairspray. I ran out at the beginning of the week of my favourite Elnett so thought I'd pick one up today. The Elnett hairsprays are some of my favourites as they give excellent hold but don't leave my hair crispy or sticky like some others on the market can do.

This is probably the fifth bottle of my Clearly Youthful Day Serum I've purchased. I love this stuff so much, it leaves my skin feeling ultra soft and hydrating and doesn't break me out. I go through these quicker than I probably should as I use it both in the morning and the evening. I've spoken a bit more in depth in my Morning Skincare Routine which can be found here.

Another repurchase for the day was my Clearly Youthful Resurfacing Night Serum. I go through these quicker than I do my day serum due to a fault in packaging design. When you get so far towards the end you can't use it anymore as it doesn't reach the pippet applicator. This is my holy grail night serum, I've lost count of the amount of bottles of this I've gone through. I spoke about it in more depth here if you're interested in it.

My last repurchase for this haul is the Olay Anti Wrinkle Eye Renewal Gel. My mum was the person that got me hooked on this. It's a gel formula that is ultra hydrating and cooling on the under eye area. I love using this in the morning, especially if I haven't slept well. It helps reduce any puffiness I have and my dark circles look less prominent after I use it as well.

I only brought one Soap and Glory item this weeks whereas previously it's been two or three a time. This is a purchase that Khila from msbudgetbeauty reviewed and said she liked so I had to try it. I'm slightly disappointed at the size of the product, I thought it would be bigger for the price but I haven't tried this yet. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow when I treat my skin to a make up free day.

This is probably my favourite purchase of the day. It's also the most expensive. I'm not going to lie as soon as I left Boots I did find myself having a bit of buyer's remorse. It's one of the new liquid lipsticks from Lancôme. I knew I had to have one of these after seeing Anna use it in her latest video. It's matte, it's red, it has shiny packaging, it was destined to be in my collection. I'm very excited to try this out and will post probably a thousand instagram pictures when I wear it.

And then we go from the uber expensive to the uber inexpensive. Primark's make up line PS Love have released some new lips products and as soon as I saw them I knew I had to get my hands on them. The first one I picked up was this matte long lasting lipstick in the shade Femme Fatale. It's a gorgeous berry/raspberry shade that I know suits my skintone. I'm looking forward to giving it a go as it looks like it could be an even better dupe for my Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick.

Then I spotted these Velvet Matte Lip Crayons. My Primark only had four shades so naturally I had to get all four. These remind me a lot of the Nars Lip Pencils packaging wise but I can't compare formulas as I don't own a Nars Lip Pencil. My favourite of the four is the berry toned one on the left hand side. It reminds me a little bit of Rimmel's 107 but I haven't swatched them side by side yet. I will be reviewing these once I've tried them all out.

And of course with the Lip Crayons I had to get the matching Lip Liners. I've already tried a couple of the PS Love lip liners and adore them. They're super creamy, super opaque and so easy to use. I grabbed myself a peachy nude shade, a mauvey purple shade and then an almost neon pink shade. I know that I'll get a lot of use out of these and at a £1 a pop you can't go wrong.

So that's it for my haul. I'm quite glad I'm back at work next week, I need to earn some more money to keep my shopping habit going. If you've tried any of these things let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment