Thursday 30 July 2015

What's In My Bag?

This is a post that I scheduled to write ages ago and completely forgot about until last week. So please forgive me if the pictures aren't fantastic or the writing seems rushed, I hadn't planned this out as much as my other posts.

My bag is from New Look and I'd had my eye on it for a while before I actually brought it. Then I had something to take back and used the value of that item to get money off of it. It's not the most practical colour but the design just screamed for my attention everytime I saw it in the shop.

The front zips are for decorative purposes only but the small clasp at the front does come undone to reveal a small pouch that you could easily pop your phone into. Apart from the front pouch, it's just one giant compartment which is handy to pop any small shopping items into but a pain if you're looking for your purse in a hurry.

The biggest item in my bag is my purse yet I still have a hard time finding it sometimes. It's from Accessorize and I thought that paying a bit more meant it would last longer, it's already breaking on one corner. It's a vibrant turquoise colour and has two compartments. The flap opens up to reveal card slots and a zipped change holder. I keep everything in this section as I feel it's more secure. The back section is nearly the same as the front but without the card slots or zipped pouch. It's where I keep any store cards I don't use as much and stow any reciepts I don't have room in the front for.

The next thing I keep in my bag is something I make sure is always well stocked. The make up bag is from Primark and as soon as I saw the lipstick print I knew I had to have it. It only cost a few pounds but looks like it cost more. Inside the bag itself I keep only a few things.

The first thing I keep in there is a compact mirror, this one is a really cute flamingo print one from Primark and was only a £1. The next thing I've always got in my handbag is hand sanitiser. My favourite is Hand Maid from Soap and Glory, it has that scent that automatically reminds me of the brand and it dries on the hands quicker than most. My next essential is a lip balm. I have lost count of how many I have around my house and in handbags. The one I've got in there at the moment is the Nivea Essential Care balm, it's not my favourite but it's perfect for popping on when I'm out and about. I also have a refresher wipe from KFC but the less said about that the better.

The next thing I always make sure I have in my handbag is a travel pack of face wipes and a travel pack of tissues. The tissues always come in handy as I'm probably one of the sneeziest people in the world. However it's the face wipes that I'm always grabbing for but don't worry I don't use them on my face. As you've probably worked out by now I'm always down a cosmetics aisle of some sort and can occasionally get carried away when swatching so these come in handy so I don't end up with bright red lipstick stains on my nice white t-shirt. My favourite at the moment are the Yesto Cucumber wipes, they're gentle on my skin and have a lovely yet discreet scent to them as well.

This next thing in my bag is something that lives in there 24/7 but doesn't necessarily come out a lot. I keep my sunglasses on me at all times not only to shade them from any brightness but to keep them protected as well. Mine are from Primark and didn't cost the earth as I'm always losing them but I prefer the Ray Ban style that are slightly fuller in the frame compared to other styles on the market. I have these in black but do prefer them in this tortoiseshell as it's less harsh against my skin. As I haven't lost these glasses yet I decided to buy a case to keep them in. The print of this isn't very clear but I chose it because it had flamingoes on it and I'm having a bit of a thing for them at the moment. This is yet another Primark purchase but for it's price is sturdy, something I can see lasting a long time.

So that's it for What's In My Bag. What have you guys got in your bag? Do you think I'm missing anything? If so let me know in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment