Sunday 27 March 2016

March Favourites

Happy Easter Everyone! I hope you all had a good Easter weekend and enjoyed your Easter Eggs. I know I did. And as Easter comes and goes so does the end of March which means one thing and one thing only. It's March Favourites time! This month has a couple of new discoveries and some old favourites I've found a new love for this month.

 My first favourite this month is a product I've been dying to get my hands on since it launched back at the beginning of the year. However it took a while but that wait was well worth the wait. This is the Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in the shade Lady Rose. Now if you've been reading this blog for a while you'll know that I'm a big fan of bold lips but this lipstick alone has managed to make me love and appreciate nude lips. This shade has more of mauve undertone than most nudes so if you struggle to find a nude that suits you, give this a go. My favourite thing about this lipstick is that it doesn't wash out my fair complexion but actually gives my skin some warmth. When it comes to the finish I'd call it a semi matte as when you apply it there is a gloss to it but as you wear it the shine dies down and you're left with a beautiful colour that doesn't budge off the lips and as you can see I've worn this constantly.

My next favourite a skincare product that I'd had my eye for a while but wasn't sure if it was worth adding to my skincare routine. I was very wrong and I can't do my skincare routine without it now. It's the B Refreshed Essence Lotion. Containing Allatonin, Red Algae and Hyaluronic Acid, this essence lotion has perfected my skin and has become an essential product after every cleanse. Don't worry if you're not sure what an essence is, I will be doing a full review of this product very soon. For now though I'll just say that this has helped with the feel and look and of my skin. You can't see it here but I've used quite a bit of it in the last month both in the morning and the evening.

Up next is a product that I'm surprised hasn't already appeared in my favourites before. These are the NipFab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme. These are another essential part of my skincare routine and combined with my essence lotion, my skin has never looked better. These are round cotton discs that are soaked in a combination of glycolic acid, salicylic acid and lactic acid. This combination is aimed to help exfoliate, retexturise and soften skin as a twice weekly treatment. I use these after I've cleansed my face twice a week and love the tingly feeling that it gives my skin afterwards. Immediately skin feels softer and somewhat smoother but it's really the next morning you'll see a difference. Not only will you skin look smoother and softer but make up applies beautifully afterwards. And I know it's a good product as skincare queen Caroline Hirons likes them as well.

My penultimate favourite is a rediscovery for me this month. Now I'm all about hydration especially after I've taken my make up off. Yes I have my essence, toner and a serum but I found my skin was lacking something. So I thought I'd pull out an old favourite and give it a go. And I'm so glad I did. This Garnier Moisture Restore + Night Cream is a gel cream that's jam packed with hydrating ingredients that leave skin feeling softer, smoother and hydrated longer than most creams do. After my serum I've been popping this on, giving my skin a chance to drink this up before I put on my Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream.

The last favourite this month is a haircare product and normally you don't see me talk about haircare products. But this one has seriously changed my hair for the better. This the Garnier Ulitmate Blends, The Sleek Restorer Balm. It's a hair treatment that is supposed to smooth and nourish dry, frizzy hair. Something my hair understands well. As someone who has long thick hair that happens to get frizzy after every wash I've found this a god send. A little bit of this goes a long way, I apply it to the ends of my hair and leave it in longer than the allotted five minutes. Once I've deemed in long enough I wash it out and let my hair air dry for a while before I blow dry it. And when I do blow dry it, I'm blown away. Gone are my frizzy fly away locks and I have smooth sleek looking ends that don't attract every little bit of static it can find. I also like the Honey treatment but the results with that one weren't so bam in your face.

So that's it for my March Favourites. What were your favourite this last month? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment