Sunday 6 March 2016

Review: Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Spring Releases

When Barry M releases new polishes you know they're going to make an appearence on this blog. And today it's time for me to share with you the four new Gelly Hi Shine Polishes that have continuously graced my nails since they came out.

As it is their Spring Release, all four colours lean more towards pastel than bright. Perfect for this time of the year. The four shades are Pink Lemonade, Butterscotch Sundae, Acai Smoothie and Cream Soda. Acai Smoothie is the brightest of the four shades and is very similar in shade to Sugar Plum, one of their later releases last year.

Pink Lemonande is probably my favourite shade of the four. It looks quite pink in the bottle but when on the nail it's actually quite muted in tone and has hints of grey in it. Cream Soda isn't too far behind it, it's the perfect shade if you want to give white nails ago but don't want a stark white polish.

When it comes down to formula these are brilliant and one of my favourite formulas from Barry M. Each polish is thicker in consitency than the pastel shades from last year and are opaque in one coat. I'd still recommend two coats just to give the colour a nice depth but you can get away with one coat if you want.

And then comes the most exciting bit about Barry M's latest releases. They've changed the brush. Gone is the piddly little thin brush that takes forever to paint the nail. And in it's place is a nice new thick, square brush that coats the nail in one go. It makes painting the nail so much easier and cuts down on time as well. I like how they fit perfectly to the nail and in one swipe I can paint my nail.

Overall I like all of these colours but if I was to advise you to go for one or two then it would be Cream Soda and Pink Lemonade. They're just the right shade of neutral to pull off with any outfit for any occasion. Formula wise, these dry quick, last well and give a nice gel like finish to the nail. If you're a fan of Barry M, I recommend you give these a go.

Have any of you tried these already? What did you think? What were your favourite shades? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment