Sunday 13 March 2016

Review: Too Faced Melted Lipstick

Too Faced is a brand I've heard lots about but I've never known it was available locally. That was until I was strolling through Debenhams one day. And then I found the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks on a small stand in their beauty department. So of course I had to try one. Luckily for me I found these before my birthday in November and my lovely friend Lee-Ann brought me this for my birthday.

If you don't know what a Melted Lipstick is, it's a liquid lipstick that doesn't dry down matte but stays on the lips longer than a normal sheen finish lipstick. They come in a range of shades and a couple of other finishes such as a metallic finish but they all claim to do the same thing.

I have the shade Melted Berry which when I swatched it looked like a deep berry shade but when I've worn it is actually more of a pink than a berry. However the colour hasn't put me off, I've just worn a darker lip liner underneath to change how pink it looks on top.

The formula is an interesting one and I think if I wasn't a complete matte lip lover than I would definitely have more shades than what I have already. It glides nicely onto the lips with it's foam feeling applicator, leaving lips covered in a glossy opaque finish. Now as it's a brighter colour than expected I'm not to keen on the finish. Yes more neutral shades would look nice on the lips but preferably for me I like my bold lips to be matte.

However after wearing it for a while the shine does wear away slightly and you're left with a stain of colour on your lips. It doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips and you don't end up with dry, flaky lips afterwards but the finish is an acquired taste.

Overall this is a nice lipstick but it wouldn't be my first choice. The colour on it's own would probably suit me more in the Summer than now and I'll definitely be giving it a go when the warmer weather rolls around. Yes it could have been more matte as it's a longwear lipstick but overall the lasting power and the way it leaves lips feeling isn't terrible. I wouldn't purchase more colours of these purely because I'm a matte lover but it also doesn't mean I'm not going to wear this.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Would you recommend trying any different colours? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment