Wednesday 23 March 2016

My Top 5 Barry M Polishes: Spring Edition

Now this post was originally going to be called my Spring Nail Edit but when I was looking for the polishes to put in this post I realised that I was only choosing Barry M polishes. And as I only use Barry M polishes I thought I'd change it to my Top 5 Barry M Polishes for Spring. I will probably do this for each season from now on as I very rarely use anything but Barry M on my nails.

My first choice is the latest addition to my collection. It's their Speedy Quick Dry polish in the shade Freestyle. It's a muted pink shade that doesn't look to pale or to bright on the nail. You know you're wearing it but it doesn't stand out like some of the other pink shades. As it's part of the Speedy Quick Dry Range it means it's the quickest to dry out of the four of them. One coat takes only seconds to dry and it makes it perfect for people who like me can get quite impatient waiting for their nails to dry. Plus it has a flat square brush that covers the entire nail in one sweep. Definitely my favourite out of Barry M's Spring Releases this year.

Up next is an older favourite of mine. This is the Gelly Hi Shine polish in Prickly Pear. It's that perfect lavendery purple shade that's not too cool in tone and not too warm either. This is slightly thinner in formula than some of the other shades but two coats of this give the colour a pop and you'll be certain people will compliment you on your nails. The brush isn't the greatest on this polish but it's still something you can work with. Angle it just right and you'll get that same effect you'd get if you were using a flatter brush.

Another Gelly Hi Shine polish I like during Spring is the shade Blueberry. It's a stunning cornflower blue shade that again isn't too cool in tone nor too warm. It makes a nice choice on nails after months of wearing the darker, more winter appropriate colours. As with the shade Prickly Pear it has one of the thinner brushes but I'm sure if you pick a bottle up now then they will have the newer flatter brush. Two coats of this is all you need to get a bright pop of colour, that you're bound to be complimented on.

My next choice is another Gelly finish polish. This one is in the shade Rose Hip, a gorgeous off white shade that has a hint of pink through it. If you're scared of trying white nails or you don't like the look of them, then this polish is perfect for you. If you like the look of Essie's Fiji then this is pretty much an exact dupe except it has more of a white undertone than Fiji. My bottles of the Gelly Hi Shine polishes mainly come with a thinner, more rounded brush but if you pick them up these days I'm sure you will get a flatter square brush. This is a polish that can go wrong if you apply too many coats but if you only do two or three thin coats you should be okay, it's when you do thicker coats you run into problems.

And the last choice for this Top 5 is another newer addition to the collection. This is the shade Cream Soda, Barry M's Spring Release in the Gelly Hi Shine Range. Now this another nod towards the white nail trend that comes and goes every summer. Yet this is a slightly off white, almost cream colour that will work the same as Rose Hip if you're not entirely convinced by white nails. My favourite thing about these Gelly polishes is the finish. You get such a stunning shine to the nail after using these polishes and that shine doesn't disappear the longer you wear it. Now you may think that means you don't need a top coat for these but you still do. The top coat will not only prolong the shine these polishes give but will also lengthen the life of your manicure.

So that's it for my new Spring Nail Edit. What are your go to Spring Polishes? Are any of them the same as mine? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment