Wednesday 9 March 2016

Top 3: Foundations

If there is one product I find it hard to stay loyal to it's foundation. So when it came to writing this post it was hard to pick the three products to show you all. However as I did my make up daily I did find there were three foundations I went back to time and time again.

Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in Natural
This is the newest addition to my collection but I find myself reaching for this more than other older foundations I have in my collection. This is an interesting foundation as it's matte finish in a gel formula. However it works. Instead of being drying on the skin and looking cakey it actually makes skin look perfected yet without that overly dewy finish some foundations give. And because it's a hydrating gel formula it doesn't dry out the skin or do any damage to the skin like some do. The shade 01 Natural is perfect for ladies with a fairer skintone that are more yellow toned than pink toned. A little bit goes a long way and once it's blended in and the rest of the make up is set then it doesn't budge. If you're looking for a full review you can find it here.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
The next foundation is one that has been around for years and I can see why it has great staying power. The Colorstay Foundation comes in two different formulas, normal to dry skin and combination to oily skin and each formula has a wide variety of colours. I have the normal to dry formula in the shade Buff and use this when I want a full coverage finish that lasts all day. As it's a full coverage finish it is a very heavy foundation that can go cakey if you apply to much. However if you apply it in thin layers it works well and leaves skin looking skin like but flawless. The only downfall of this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump but have no fear that is changing soon. Revlon are rereleasing both formulas with pumps in them. So if you've been thinking of trying this but the lack of pump was offputting, hold out a bit longer and you can soon pick yourself up a bottle with a pump.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Ivory
And the last foundation is not considered a foundation but works the same and gives the same coverage as foundation. This CC Cream is the lightest formula of the three I've talked about but is the one I find I reach for the most. With pigments in it to help reduce Fatigue, Redness and Dark Spots, this CC Cream is all about evening out the skin. And it does it very well. A very runny consitency, you only need a small amount as it goes a long way and blends like a dream. It doesn't go cakey if you layer it and once it's one you don't have to worry about it disappearing either. I reach for this more out of the three as it just works well with my skin. It's only let down is that it can explode in the lid and make it messier to apply but if you have time and patience you'll be able to over look this.

So that's it for my Top 3 Foundations. Were any of those your favourites? Do you have any you think I should try? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment