Friday 4 March 2016

Review: Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Spring Releases

At the beginning of the year, Barry M released not one, not two but four new ranges of nail polishes. The majority of them are new seasonal releases for their most popular formulas and that's what I'm going to show you today.

As they did with the Gelly Hi Shine Polishes, Barry M have released four new Springtime shades. And now having compared the two, both releases are quite simple. Both have several muted shades and one bright shade that stands out from the rest.

The four shades in the range are called Winning Streak, a light beige. In A Flash, a stunning bright peach shade. Personal Best, a brightish purple and Freestyle a dusky mauvey pink. Usually with Barry M Collections, I only like one or two of the shades but with this collection I like the entire range. I do of course have some I wear more than others and in this case it's Freestyle and In A Flash. In A Flash is the perfect transition shade from Winter to Spring as well as Spring to Summer and Freestyle is just the perfect non beige neutral shade.

You do need two coats of this polish to really get the true colour and it also means they don't look patchy or streaky. The formula of these is really nice but you do have to work quickly with them as they really do dry as quickly as you expect them to. However it's easy to work with them as they have a thick square ended brush that covers the nail in one stroke. It makes application so much easier and you don't have to worry about removing any polish like you would with a smaller brush.

I do find though that out of all Barry M's Nail Ranges, these are the quickest to chip. As most of their shades are pastels you do need to add coats to get the colour in the bottle and sometimes it can mean a good two or three coats. And on my nails it means that my nail colour is slightly more raised than normal which unfortunately means I catch them easily and chip them. I've tried several top coats with these polishes and it still doesn't work. That however is my only peeve with these polishes and the Speedy Quick Dry Range.

Overall these polishes are just as good as any other I've tried but I don't think you need these if you have Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Spring Releases. However if you like the look of the colours but you're not the most patient of people when it comes to doing your nails, then these polishes are right up your street.

Have any of you tried these polishes? Did you like them? Or did you prefer the Gelly Hi Shine instead? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment