Friday 11 March 2016

Review: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks

Liquid Lipsticks are a big thing at the moment and I absolutely love the idea of them. I'm a matte lip girl at heart so these are right up my street. However not many high street brands have liquid lipsticks in their ranges. So I started looking at more higher end brands and that's when I found these. I featured this in one of my Christmas Gift Guides and was very lucky to recieve them as a Christmas present from my bestest (thank you Jasmin).

I'd heard a lot about these Stila Liquid Lipsticks but didn't know I could get them locally until last year. The three you see are miniature sized liquid lipsticks, perfect for trialling them. There are three shades, Baci, Ricco and Beso. Baci is a grey toned nude, Ricco is a dark burgundy that looks purple in the tube and Beso is a bright tomato red. Unfortunately I can't wear Baci as it doesn't suit my complexion, if I had a warmer complexion then I would be able to wear this as a neutral shade however I'm of the pale persuasion.

However both Beso and Ricco suit me and I've gotten so much wear out of both of them. Beso being a tomato red is perfect for the upcoming warmer months paired with flawless skin and lashings of mascara. As it's such a standout colour you don't need to do much to make it work. Ricco on the other hand will be going away at the end of the month as it's too dark for me to wear during the warmer months. If you have a warmer complexion and can pull of those darker shades all year round then this is for you.

When it comes to formula these have the best liquid lipstick formula I've tried so far. The applicator is a standard doe foot applicator but has something I can't put my finger on that makes it better than other doe foot applicators I've tried. It gives a nice crisp edge when applying and doesn't put too much product in one place and not another.

I do think a lot of it is down to the formula though. It's not too thick but it's not thin either and is actually quite cooling on the lips when you apply it. All three colours go on opaque in one swipe and don't go streaky or patchy if you try to layer them up. They dry down quite quickly which means you do have to work quickly but once they're dry you can go over them again if you want. Once dry they don't budge and don't feel ultra drying on the lips. Yes as the days goes on they can be drying but I find that you can pop a bit of lip balm over the top and it doesn't cause any issue with the colour. An biophase eye make up remover or something with a high oil content are needed to remove them but it's a small price to pay to have such amazing colours last all day long.

I'm definitely going to be picking some more of these up but I want to know if any of you have tried them? Have you? What are your favourite shades? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment