Sunday 3 April 2016

Review: B Essence Lotion

When B Beauty released their Essence Lotion I was slightly confused as to what it did and therefore just passed it off as another way to make money. But I've soon found myself well beyond wrong. After having kept looking at it for a while I took the plunge and brought it. And I'm so glad I did.

If you don't know what an essence is, it's a thin fluid that's designed to be used after you're cleanser and toner to give skin that extra boost of moisture and allows serums and moisturisers to sink better into the skin afterwards. Yes they seem like a faff and add just another step into what is probably a long already routine but it can seriously change your skin.

This essence lotion from B is a thin semi clear liquid designed to give skin a moisture boost after cleansing. Packed with Allatonin, Algae Extract and Hyaluronic Acid, this essence helps soften, smooth and retexturise skin as well as giving skin a radiance that can sometimes be lacking in skin.

Intially this did nothing for me skin and actually broke me out but after a month of use I can safely say that I can't go without using this product now. After I've double cleansed my face both morning and evening I pour some of this onto my hands and pat it gently over my face, repeatedly patting until it's soaked in. Now I say patting as you can not rub this in, it has to be patted in otherwise it will dry your skin out and you'll end up back at stage one.

When it came to seeing results from this product it took a while but when I finally saw them I was astounded. I've always struggled with some texture along the bottom of my cheeks and my jawline that no amount of mask, peel or exfoliator could get rid off. But this essence lotion managed to diminish to begin with and now with an added step of Glycolic Acid in my daily routine has helped to completely get rid of any texture on those parts of my face. It has also helped with my skin's radiance and redness. My redness is diminished and easier to cover with make up and my skin looks healthier with or without make up. I seriously can't see myself going without this anytime soon.

If you have extremely sensitive skin then I would advise being a bit wary with this product. If you did want to try it then I'd say use it only once a day more preferrably at night than in the morning. Just because it broke me out once and then worked in harmony with my skin doesn't mean it's going to do the same with your skin. Everyone's skin is different and if you can throw anything at your skin then go for it but if you're skin is sensitive to new products then I'd say approach this with caution.

Overall this is a fantastic product and if you're feeling that your skincare is missing something then definitely give it a go. I can safely say I'm going to go through a lot of bottles of this.

Have any of you tried this? Did you like it? Or did it not agree with your skin? Have you any other essence recommendations I should try? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment