Friday 29 April 2016

Review: Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser

When Caroline Hirons mentioned how good this hot cloth cleanser was I knew I had to pick it up and I'm so glad I did. This Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm is one of the best I've tried from the high street.

This hot cloth cleanser is a hard balm that melts when you rub it between your fingers. It melts even more as you apply it to your face and turns into a sort of oily consistency as your massaging it on your skin. Easily removed with a face cloth or the muslin cloth that comes with the balm itself. It doesn't look very nice and doesn't smell very nice but it does work well on the skin. Containing Rosehip, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil this works to nourish the skin as well as cleansing the skin. These three ingredient work together to make skin more supple and a softer feel.

When it comes to applying this to your face, I recommend that you wet your face beforehand. Because this is a hard balm it can be quite hard to get out of the tub itself and then takes a while to melt on the skin. Damp skin just helps ease it as your massaging it in and means you won't do your skin any damage by dragging the product over it. Once it's melted though it turns into more of an oil than a balm and it smoothly moves over your skin giving it a good cleanse and nourish.

I would say this is perfect for every kind of skin as it's nourishing and really works on the skin but it doesn't contain anything that would be too harsh or stripping on the skin. It doesn't smell fantastic but that is something I'm sure can be overlooked because it works so well as a product. Plus I've always believed that if it smells bad or tastes bad then it's working.

Available in Boots this only costs £8.99 full price but is currently on offer at £5.99.

Have any of you tried this? What did you think of this? Or do you have any hot cloth cleansers to recommend? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment