Friday 8 April 2016

Review: Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Treatments

Haircare isn't something I talk about a lot on here but I've been giving these a go lately and thought you all deserved to know the greatness these pots contain. These are the Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Treatments, each one is specifically designed to treat a problem you could have with you hair. There are pots for dry hair, coloured hair, dull hair and normal hair. The two I have are aimed at taming frizzy hair and treating fragile hair.

I chose these two pots for a multitude of reasons. Firstly they were exactly what my hair needed/needs. Secondly they smell amazing and lastly if they were as good as my shampoo and conditioner combination then they were winners. And I can safely say that they are even better than my shampoo and conditioner combination. I use the The Honey Treasures Range from Ultimate Blends, it's aimed at damaged and fragile hair. It's really helped strengthen my hair and I can't see my hair agreeing with another combo as much as it does this one. That's why I picked in the hair treatment. Theoretically it should help strengthen my hair and give it that nice shine that I sometimes lack.

The second pot is The Sleek Smoother. As well as having slightly damaged hair, I have very thick hair that goes quite frizzy once it's washed. Well not anymore. Ever since I started using this treatment my hair has been sleeker and easier to work with after washing. It contains coconut oil and cocoa butter to help smooth the hair particles as well as nourish and give it that sleek soft look.

When it comes to using these products they're some of the most simple products to use. Once you've washed, shampooed and conditioned your hair then you pop a scoop of this into your hair and leave it in for three to five minutes before washing it out and styling it as you wish. Personally I like to put this through my mid lengths and ends and then pop it up into a top knot. During the five mintues I leave it in for I usually just potter about the house and do the odd chore.

You don't notice anything whilst your hair is still we but once you put the hairdryer on it then you see how well this treatments worked. I always advise blow drying your hair upside down to give it a volume boost and whilst your drying your hair if it normally becomes very frizzy and unmanagable then it won't with this product. It will look smoother and sleeker and will even feel softer to touch. You can even run a brush through and it won't leave hair static or fly-away. Definitely a winner for me.

Overall I do prefer the sleek restorer more than the honey treasures pot purely for the fact that it makes my hair more managable for every day. However that doesn't mean it's not a good treatment. There are so many to choose from for different hair types then it's really down to you to decide what is good for you hair and what isn't. But if I do advise something it would be to go and smell them all, they're divine.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment