Wednesday 6 April 2016

What's In My Everyday Make Up Bag

When I first saw this make up bag in Primark I had to have it. And to begin with I just popped the odd product I had lying around but then it turned into putting my daily make up in there so it was all in one place. And since then I've just used it day in, day out to keep my make up together and today I thought I'd share what I have in my everyday make up bag.

Before we start I must say that I keep an excess amount of the same product in this bag. And the first product I like to have options with is foundation. The two I keep in this bag are the Maybelline Dream Velvet and the Miss Sporty Instaglow. The Dream Velvet is a good foundation if you want a buildable coverage that lasts all day long. A soft gel formula foundation this is perfect for people with oily skin and people without aswell. I did a full review which you can find here. The Instaglow is a light to medium coverage foundation that blurs skin into looking like it has an instagram filter applied to it. It's not the best foundation on the market but I was testing it out for work and it just took it's place in my bag. A full review of it will be going up at some point.

Next up is concealers and this is one where I do go a bit extreme with. I don't just have one, I have four. I do admit that I do use these all on a regular basis. There is the Maybelline The Eraser Eye, Collection Lasting Perfection, Barry M Light Reflecting and Rimmel's Wake Me Up. The most used of the bunch are the Maybelline and the Collection. I use them both under my eyes and around my face on a daily basis. They are by far my favourite concealers on the market as they give great coverage, don't crease and don't wear away as the day goes on. Barry M's and Rimmel's concealers are both light reflecting concealers and whilst they're nice and work well on the skin they can leave skin looking glittery, something you don't want all over your face.

When it comes to pressed powder or powders of any kind I only keep one in my bag. This is the Rimel Clarifying Powder in Translucent. It's an okay powder and works to set my make up but it's not one that I think I'd purchase another one when this runs out. Before this I did keep my MUA Hydro Powder in this bag but it unfortunately met a dusty end when it fell off my bed and shattered.

If you thought I kept too many concealers in my make up bag then my mascaras will be totally over the top. Yes I keep five different mascaras in my bag but in my defence I do use them all on a regular basis. They're all aimed at what I'm feeling make up wise that day. The Maybelline Go Colossal Leather Black and the Barry M Showgirl mascaras are my two go to mascaras when I want a fluttery, volumised every day lash. They both have tapered bristle brushs that really fan lashes out. And then if I want something more dramatic I go for either the Maybelline Push Up Drama, Maybelline Lash Sensational or the Pur Minerals Volume Vixen. They all have plastic bristle brushes that give a more defined, volumised look that is usually more suited to the evening. However if I'm feeling a bit more dramatic with my make up during the day I opt for one of these. And of course with my mascaras comes my eye lash curler. This is just a simple Primark eye lash curler that really does give my lashes a good curl that doesn't droop during the day. Plus I like how the handles don't feel like they're going to slip out of my fingers when I'm giving my lashes that extra oomph.

Surprsingly when it comes to lip products in my make up bag there are only a few. The ones I reach for the most are the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. They are the best liquid lipsticks I've tried and I'm definitely going to be purchasing some more shades as soon as possible. I have a mini set that includes the shades Beso, Baci and Ricco. Beso is my most worn shade being a bright red that dries down to a beautiful matte finish. To go along with Beso I have the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Red Diva. This can be worn by itself or under lipsticks, most of the time I wear it on it's own as they are so creamy and easy to apply. My other lip combo that I keep in the bag are my Gosh Lip Liner in Raspberry Dream and the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 107. This is my favourite plummy/berry toned lip shade and I'm constantly reaching for these.

And now it's onto the tools I keep in my make up bag. Before I got my bag I used about ten brushes everytime I did my make up but now I've narrowed it down to 5. My first two brushes are my two most used brushes. One is from H&M and is an angled buffing brush and the second is the F103, a stippling brush. These I use on a daily basis to attempt to give myself a flawless base. The angled buffing brush is a brilliant brush and didn't cost nearly as much as some of my others. For powder I use either my Real Techniques Cheek Brush or my B Powder Brush. And of course I have to have a spoolie for my brows. Yet again this is from H&M and I'm so impressed with the quality of their brushes.

And of course I wouldn't be a beauty junkie if I didn't have at least two beauty blenders in my bag. Please excuse the fact they're dirty, I did use them to get ready this morning. I have two and neither of them are from the actual Beauty Blender Brand. The top one is from B and the second one I picked up reduced from Cosmopolitan. I like my Cosmopolitan blender to use under my eyes as it has a bit more shape to help really blend in concealer or any product that you put under there.

The last thing in my make up bag may shock some of you as I'm so against using facial wipes but these are here not for my face. These are in there to remove any excess foundation from the back of my hand or lipstick if it doesn't look right. I've tried a few different brands but I've found I can only get along with the Simple Facial Wipes or the B Quick Facial Wipes. At the moment I've not got any Simple Wipes so I'm working my way through this pack of B Wipes. But don't worry, I'm not using them to cleanse my face.

So that's what's in my everyday make up bag. What's in your everyday make up bag? Do you have any of the same products as me? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment