Monday 11 April 2016

Review: Loreal Lip Liners

A little while ago I went on a bit of a lip liner binge and have been trying them out ever since. I love lip liners to help keep a colour in place or just wearing all over the lips as my look for the day. And of course lip liners are a big thing and every brand has their own variation of them of the market but it can still be difficult to find a good lip liner. Some I've tried have been too hard, dragged across the lips and one even scratched my lip to the point of bringing the blood to the surface.

And then I discovered the Loreal Lip Liners. I'd seen them in shops for ages but not being that interested in liners then I didn't pay them any attention. However as soon as I started to really look into lip liners in shops I noticed these ones. Before I tried these lip liners from Loreal I avoided wooden pencil style liners completely purely because they were all ridiculously hard and were hurting my lips rather than helping my lips. So you can probably understand why I was wary to try these.

I was impressed by the feel of these liners when I swatched them on the back of my hand but was completely blown away when I applied these to my lips. These were even creamier to apply to the lips than some mechanical lip liners I've tried. They glided right onto the lips and didn't drag when I filled in my entire lip. When they set they were slightly drier than other lip liners but in the long run it didn't effect the way my lipstick wore over the top.

My only problem with this range is the lack of colours. There are only about six shades in the range as well as a transparent liner. The two I have are Intense Plum and Scarlet Rouge. Intense Plum is my favourite of the two shades as it goes well under the majority of my berry toned lipsticks. Saying that doesn't mean I don't like Scarlet Rouge, I just happen to have another red lip liner I prefer more.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Do you have any lip liners you'd recommend trying? Let me now in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment